Getting in shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting in shape

Last year I lost 35 + lbs. to get ready for a public land Elk hunt in NM.
    Since thanksgiving and x-mas I have managed to gain about 15 pounds back.

I have a hunt planned in Montana this year for elk and am looking to lose about
    20 lbs between now and Oct.
    It's been hard to get motivated for some reason.
    What are you guys doing to get ready for huntin' season? I am hoping someone here will inspire me to get back in shape.

Any help appreciated.

I'm with ya on this one! I just started back with the walking/jogging routine. Trying to eat healthier! Thats the big one for me. Always on the go. Burger's and fries really ain't good for ya! lol Good luck!

Comment

I've got a Boy Scout hiking trip to New Mexico coming up in June. We've been walking, running, bleachers, running the inclines on local bayous, and most of the time we have about 35 + lbs in a back pack. Not watching what I eat as much as how much I eat. Good luck...ps getting started is the hardest part.

Comment

I start with walking/training my lab instead of typing on the greenscreen and extend my training sessions as i get more in shape what is it about hunting season and the holidays that adds the pounds?

Comment

Join the diet challenge on the community board. I'm trying to drop 30 by elk season in CO- AND hunt with a recurve this year.

Comment

Put something up to remind you of your current weight or goal. I've heard of people taping their weight to the mirror and refrigerator before so they constantly see it. Maybe for you putting a pic of an elk on a mountain will help.

This morning I was running up and down a hill here in Austin for 45 minutes. The whole time I was thinking of the mountains in Colorado.

Comment

Working...
            X