450 bushmaster vs 45 acp subsonic shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

450 bushmaster vs 45 acp subsonic shooting

I was thinking about a new AR in a 45 cal. Would a 450 bushmaster really be any better than 45 acp if your only shooting sub? Am I missing something or is the same bullet? It seams acp would be alot less money to shoot.

I would still prefer 450 bushmaster. Opens you up to more options shooting supersonic if you decide too. But it really depends on what you plan on doing with the rifle.

Comment

Go with the acp if you're only going to shoot subsonic. I personally would go with the bushmaster because i don't have any cans to play with nor do I care to play the nfa game.

Comment

The 450 Bushmaster would allow you to shoot heavier bullets. A 300 grain bullet at 1000 fps would be a better killer than a 230 grain bullet at 1000 fps. Even better would be a 500 grain bullet at 1000 fps, out of a .458 SOCOM. I'm assuming you would hunt with it, it its just to plink with use the .45 ACP.

Comment

Theres a huge difference between what your discussing. Lol

Comment

450 v 45 v 9mm
            Attached Files

Comment

If you handloaded your ammo, you could probably reach the limit of subsonic with a pretty heavy bullet, seated out in the .45 ACP. But you could reach the same subsonic velocity with the same bullet at less pressure in the larger case. I'd personally choose the .450, for that reason. It will offer a lot more if you ever want to go supersonic....

Comment

Aren't most bushmasters a fairly slow twist and that is one reason a 458 socom is better for subs. Since with subs bullet weight is really the only way to up the power and the you need more twist for that

Comment

.45 acp much more available and less expensive.
                  The socom will deliver much better hunting performance then the 45acp
                  Is there a big difference is the 458 socom vs 450 bushmaster and the obvious 50 larger .50Beowolf ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                    .45 acp much more available and less expensive.
                    The socom will deliver much better hunting performance then the 45acp
                    Is there a big difference is the 458 socom vs 450 bushmaster and the obvious 50 larger .50Beowolf ?
                    not huge,, i think the 458 has a slight edge in long range,, the 50 will have the shortest effective range

Comment

Strictly subs? I’d go ACP. Brass is super cheap, ammo is plentiful, and 1000 FPS is something it will barely do.

The two builds are miles apart. Figure out what you really want to do with the rifle.

Comment

Working...
                      X