High Seat Remodel for Mule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Seat Remodel for Mule

First off I want to say Thank You to a fellow GS member who saw my post about the mods I was doing to my Kawasaki Mule and who called me out of the blue and said he had a spare High Seat that needed some TLC, but that he would give me for free. This dude even delivered it to my house before I got home and it was there waiting for me when I got off of work.
    Good people here on the GS.... Thank You!!!

Ok... I was impressed with how stout it is so far. Will do some welding and modifications to meet my needs, probably bedline it, and recover the cushions, but it will be perfect for what I want.

It begins now.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool deal, Im in for the build !!!

Comment

Comment

In

Comment

Got it welded up yesterday to make it one piece and filled in all the holes.

Comment

I have a high seat in my ranger as well. I would highly recommend making sure that your bed will not dump with passengers in it. I had to make some modifications to the unlocking bar and how it attaches to the bed. It attaches with plastic parts so I had to beef it up with some metal parts as well as a bolt to make sure someone cant accidently release the bed. Unfortunately this was after I had two guys fall out cause the plastic pieces failed and broke in half. Dumped them out but luckily only walked away with a concussion and no other major injuries (except for a Swarovski scope that broke in half and a Browning rifle stock that needed refinishing)

Other than that its looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by Cru80 View Post
                I have a high seat in my ranger as well. I would highly recommend making sure that your bed will not dump with passengers in it. I had to make some modifications to the unlocking bar and how it attaches to the bed. It attaches with plastic parts so I had to beef it up with some metal parts as well as a bolt to make sure someone cant accidently release the bed. Unfortunately this was after I had two guys fall out cause the plastic pieces failed and broke in half. Dumped them out but luckily only walked away with a concussion and no other major injuries (except for a Swarovski scope that broke in half and a Browning rifle stock that needed refinishing)

Other than that its looking good!
                Thanks for the heads up. The Mules have a steel locking bed latch on each side, so we are good there.

Comment

Done!

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                    Thanks for the heads up. The Mules have a steel locking bed latch on each side, so we are good there.
                    Looks great man.

Any mule I have been around with dog boxes or high racks have a short safety chain bolted around frame back to bed. Just in case those fail or someone else tries to dump the bed. Those latches could break with the leverage. Just an idea

Comment

Originally posted by BrokenJ View Post
                      Looks great man.

Any mule I have been around with dog boxes or high racks have a short safety chain bolted around frame back to bed. Just in case those fail or someone else tries to dump the bed. Those latches could break with the leverage. Just an idea
                      That may not be a bad idea. The seat is enough forward that it makes it harder to open, and the latches are steel, but especially if going up a hill or rough terrain, a secondary safety feature is a dang good thing to have.

Comment

Working...
                      X