Anybody rent pigs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody rent pigs?

I have seven gilts but no boars. Know anybody that has breeding age Duroc or Hampshire boars for sale/rent? I only need him now and then.

[ATTACH]505346[/ATTACH]

Comment

Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop

Comment

More than likely you will have to haul them to a breeder. I have done it several times in the past.

Comment

Melton Harms in Springtown has Durocs, not sure if he rents......
          817-523-4390

Comment

Will be impossible to rent pigs for breeding. Much better off buying semen and AIing them yourself.

Comment

Call Junior br-549

Comment

Be better off AI yourself unless you want to spend the money on buying a boar. I don't know of any pig breeders that will rent stock out.

Comment

Originally posted by oneforthewall View Post
                  Melton Harms in Springtown has Durocs, not sure if he rents......
                  817-523-4390
                  Thanks. I'll give him a call.

Of course I was being facetious about renting a pig. I was just fishing for some Lonesome Dove comments.

I considered AI but I don't know that I have the time to monitor them and get it done. It's dark when I feed them in the morning and I'm afraid I would miss the signs at the evening feeding. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Hey Arrow, noticed your avatar and wanted to ask: are you a pilot?

Just curious as I work for Executive Jet Management, a NetJets company. Always nice to meet bowhunters in aviation.

Comment

I know a guy........

Comment

Originally posted by ny bowhunter View Post
                        Hey Arrow, noticed your avatar and wanted to ask: are you a pilot?

Just curious as I work for Executive Jet Management, a NetJets company. Always nice to meet bowhunters in aviation.
                        I work for Lockheed Martin on the F35 program. I took lessons long ago and soloed a few times. Expensive hobby. I had to give it up for divorce.

Comment

Originally posted by ny bowhunter View Post
                          [ATTACH]505346[/ATTACH]
                          First thing I thought if too

Comment

Originally posted by arrowdynamic View Post
                            I work for Lockheed Martin on the F35 program. I took lessons long ago and soloed a few times. Expensive hobby. I had to give it up for divorce.
                            Haha! I hear ya and know how expensive flying can be. And Jet A ain't getting any cheaper, either!

Comment

Working...
                            X