Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > D-I-Y Projects

Old 01-09-2019, 12:27 PM   #101
wlee15
Four Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings

Last weekend we went out to get what we had done to date painted. While I was out there I installed the water line that will go from the back of the cabin to the bathroom.

We will be using a Tote to supply water into the cabin for the kitchen Sink and to the bathroom for the hot shower and sink in there. I also installed a hose bib at the front of the cabin for a water hose of the front yard/ fire pit area. The water will be gravity fed from the tote to the Bathhouse, with an RV pump inside the bathroom sink to provided the needed water pressure to the shower and faucet. The same will be true in the kitchen for that sink. I purposely placed the hose bib at the lowest point in the supply line to drain the pipe while we are not there or during a hard freeze. The bottom of the tote will be about 6" above grade, so the water pumps will not need to be primed. Grey water will be funneled out into the pasture below the front of the house. I will install a water catchment system on the roof for water supply, but I also have access to well water less than a mile away that I can easily fill up the supply tote anytime needed.

Next step will be to install and paint the roof rafters on the front porch, and install the Deck (2x6's treated). I hope to get that completed by Feb 2019.

My goal is to the have the cabin dried in and ready to finish out the inside by Summer......... hopefully no delays set me back.
Attached Images

wlee15 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 12:07 PM   #102
joel45acp
Six Point

Hunt In: Edwards Co very soon....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlee15 View Post
Last weekend we went out to get what we had done to date painted. While I was out there I installed the water line that will go from the back of the cabin to the bathroom.

We will be using a Tote to supply water into the cabin for the kitchen Sink and to the bathroom for the hot shower and sink in there. I also installed a hose bib at the front of the cabin for a water hose of the front yard/ fire pit area. The water will be gravity fed from the tote to the Bathhouse, with an RV pump inside the bathroom sink to provided the needed water pressure to the shower and faucet. The same will be true in the kitchen for that sink. I purposely placed the hose bib at the lowest point in the supply line to drain the pipe while we are not there or during a hard freeze. The bottom of the tote will be about 6" above grade, so the water pumps will not need to be primed. Grey water will be funneled out into the pasture below the front of the house. I will install a water catchment system on the roof for water supply, but I also have access to well water less than a mile away that I can easily fill up the supply tote anytime needed.

Next step will be to install and paint the roof rafters on the front porch, and install the Deck (2x6's treated). I hope to get that completed by Feb 2019.

My goal is to the have the cabin dried in and ready to finish out the inside by Summer......... hopefully no delays set me back.

Looking good bud....
joel45acp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 12:11 PM   #103
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever

In! Nice work so far!
SwampRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2019, 12:33 PM   #104
OS_BRANDON
Ten Point

awesome
OS_BRANDON is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-14-2019, 10:53 PM   #105
macoop
Ten Point

Nice work. I like it��
macoop is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2019, 09:42 PM   #106
DJames
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sonora, TX

Loving this!
DJames is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2019, 10:24 PM   #107
TA_Fab
Nubbin' Buck

Great thread, any updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TA_Fab is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2019, 08:28 AM   #108
Palmetto
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings, Old Ocean

One piece at a time.....
Looking good!
Palmetto is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2019, 08:44 AM   #109
tstorm5
Nubbin' Buck

Newbie here. Just found this "5 STAR" thread. One of the best ever. Thanks wlee15!!!! Keep those pics and updates coming.
tstorm5 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top