No announcement yet.

Stolen gun recovered!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats what the feds call a CAFRA (Civil Asset Forfeiture Reform Act) my friend. straight forward. reply back to whatever civil court address or atf office address they gave you with your petition. petition=state you are the owner, attach stolen report number, state you want it back (pronto good buddy) sign and send back. maybe notarize if you want....

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
      Do a google key word search with the name of the form and see if you can find a better link to click on, or find contact info to get a better link.

After doing some looking around I can only do it by mail . I went the the Sheriffs office in the town it was seized today he had no record of them finding the gun . So he called the local ATF agent who is 125 to 150 miles away , The ATF guy is suppose to give me a call in the next few days . Claims he is going to see what all we need to go do to get me my gun back .In the mean time I’m waiting on the original police report so I can get a copy and mail with the paper work I have filled out .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
        Any chance you could call your sheriff and ask him how to get it back?

I went there today . In the town it was recovered in . They had no record of it . He did call the local ATF guy, he is suppose to call me in the next few days . I was went the my local S.O. He thinks I shouldn’t have any issue getting it back .

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
          thats what the feds call a CAFRA (Civil Asset Forfeiture Reform Act) my friend. straight forward. reply back to whatever civil court address or atf office address they gave you with your petition. petition=state you are the owner, attach stolen report number, state you want it back (pronto good buddy) sign and send back. maybe notarize if you want....

I have the forms filled out with proof of ownership . Just waiting on a police report to send with it .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
            I have the forms filled out with proof of ownership . Just waiting on a police report to send with it .

Them tracking you down isn't proof you owned it? Smdh!

Sounds like you got a good chance of getting it back!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              Them tracking you down isn't proof you owned it? Smdh!

Sounds like you got a good chance of getting it back!

Man I hope so . Gun has about 300 bucks of upgrades . Was a nice shooter .

Comment

Hope you get it back. Had a Ruger .41mag three screw Blackhawk stolen out of my house in New Mexico. Grandfather handed me that weapon when I was 14, shot it weekly for two decades before I lost it to some low life dead beat mother ....... well, you know. Holding that pistol was like holding my own hand. Insurance paid me $150 for the loss. Luck to you.

Richard.

Comment

Following! Hope you get it back and in good shape!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                    You would just leave it in your truck at Academy for the next banger. Good luck.......
                    Who pizzed in your cheerios?

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                      Who pizzed in your cheerios?
                      He needs to change his name to Richard............

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post

Good deal. Be mindful of the time requirement with a CAFRA. I think you will be good but the clock starts at the date of the notice ATF sent you. The timeline should also be in that notice. If your hard up against it, just get the petition to them. Simply, I (state your name) petition. That resets the clock... proof of ownership, stolen report, etc... can be worked out in time. Don't let the clock expire though! Good luck.

Comment

In for updates. May take a while with the holidays and the shutdown.

Comment

Hope you get them all back Keith. And glad they at least found one so far.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                              Good deal. Be mindful of the time requirement with a CAFRA. I think you will be good but the clock starts at the date of the notice ATF sent you. The timeline should also be in that notice. If your hard up against it, just get the petition to them. Simply, I (state your name) petition. That resets the clock... proof of ownership, stolen report, etc... can be worked out in time. Don't let the clock expire though! Good luck.

I have 35 days according to the paperwork. I got one set mailed off Friday. Will fedex another set after Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                                I would be willing to bet yours was either pawned or picked up in a traffic stop. From my experience w my friends, if it were used in a gun related crime, you wouldnt be getting it back

Why not? Once the case is closed they should release it to him.

One thing you need to look into, if you filed and insurance claim on it and got paid for the loss, they won’t give it back to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X