Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covert camera wireless App?

Originally posted by zztex View Post
    I apologize for asking so many questions here, but I'm still confused on these cameras. I'm going to buy one for the first time soon. Thanks in advance.

1. It looks as if the HCO Spartan is the camera of choice for the most part whether IR or Blackout? I understand the difference in the two.

2. Fred, so you are getting straight texts and no need for the app?

3. Roscoe, what are the big advantages of the app?

4. Can I feasibly run this on 12 lithium batteries and not have to have an external battery? How long approx. would batteries last? I usually only take two pics with 5 minute delay over a feeder.

5. What's the latest on the plan, price, how you pay for it etc.?

6. Roscoe, I have IPhone 6+ I know you said some problems with the app?

I'm sure I'll have more questions later. Thanks again.

I want to say I would get 1400-1500 pics on a set of ultimate lithiums. But that's the larger send size of 1280x960. If you used 640x480 and occasionally requested the HD version, you could get s lot more pics on a set of batteries. Outside of having real time on, picture transmission time is the biggest battery eater.

It sounds like you're saying you use 2 pictures per trigger on a 5 minute delay. To me the beauty of these cell cams is not checking SD cards. That said, battery usage on taking 2 pics vs 1 would be minimal as both pictures are not transmitted.

As far as the app. Buy credits 12 at a time, cost you $3/month to run a camera. I did the texting with my prior cell cam. I like it a heckuva better than email for sure, but I like the app far better. Being able to adjust the camera settings is nice, but it's not like you do that daily. The app makes for an easy picture Mgmt system. It groups them by camera as they come in. It actually stores them on your device, not just on the web portal which purged pictures on rolling 30 day basis. You can set an auto purge. I set mine for 3 days. As pictures come in I tag the ones I want to save indefinitely/until I decide to delete them. On a 3 day rolling basis every pic gets deleted off the app that I have not marked saved. Keeps me from ending up with thousands of pictures to go through later and delete.

Outside of the $3/month per camera, there's no downside to using the app that I can see. You get a free month on the app with the camera purchase, so no reason not to give it try. If you don't purchase credits the app just cuts off 30 days from the date it transmits first pic to app. You decide not to use the camera for a couple of months, camera quits using credits until you start again.

On BF vs IR. Their Blackout camera is good enough that I won't buy anymore IR ones. I virtually never get pictures of deer looking the camera with the blackout. I get them all the time with the IR. No biggie this time of year over feed, but when bucks get antsy come fall, it's undoubtedly better to use a version with a flash you can't see. Flash intensity and night time picture are very close on both.
    Last edited by Roscoe; 07-26-2016, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      My real time app photo worked last night on a .5h delay also. First time for that so they must have fixed it

It said Photo Command Sent Successfully(.5h delay)

And I got a pic each time 30-35 mins later

That's good news!

Comment

Last edited by DEADEYE1; 07-27-2016, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Solar set up take 3. I'm finally getting this set up down to what I originally had in mind. All self-contained and 1 unit with the camera and solar panel attached to the battery box. This one has a 5 watt panel and charge controller. Very minimal exposed wires.

Comment

That should give you some really good battery life.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
              That should give you some really good battery life.
              Yep. Shouldn't even leave 9 or full charge!

Least mine an 5-6 others havent

Comment

Really enjoying the Spartan so far

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                  Really enjoying the Spartan so far

Me too. I'm headed to the lease tomorrow and looking forward to putting it up and taking down the covert. Tired of 150 false triggers every day.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                    Me too. I'm headed to the lease tomorrow and looking forward to putting it up and taking down the covert. Tired of 150 false triggers every day.
                    Never thought I'd see the day I was glad I switched from covert but I am

Comment

Y'all can have the apps I love this!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Covert camera wireless App?

You should try the app for a month, it's free for one month. If you started getting the larger pictures delivered to you, you wouldn't like those 640's so much. And if you want to save battery, doing the 640's for every pic would definitely save power, but then you can request a higher resolution picture if you want to. You can't do those things otherwise.

Comment

Solar Panel set up

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                          Solar set up take 3. I'm finally getting this set up down to what I originally had in mind. All self-contained and 1 unit with the camera and solar panel attached to the battery box. This one has a 5 watt panel and charge controller. Very minimal exposed wires.

Are you also using a 12v to 6v regulator? This the same panel and controller you showed several pages back from Amazon?

Comment

Originally posted by RedArrow View Post
                            Are you also using a 12v to 6v regulator? This the same panel and controller you showed several pages back from Amazon?

I made my own voltage reducer. These came from Amazon but they aren't the same ones as the first one I made. It was 10 watt and this is 5.

Comment

I'm having issues with my covert sending to my **** phone.. it will send to others but not mine anymore...
                              covert support isn't being very helpful... email wise.. got put on hold last time I called and didn't have time to sit an wait on hold to be helped..

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                                You should try the app for a month, it's free for one month. If you started getting the larger pictures delivered to you, you wouldn't like those 640's so much. And if you want to save battery, doing the 640's for every pic would definitely save power, but then you can request a higher resolution picture if you want to. You can't do those things otherwise.
                                I'm going to try the app next time I change batteries Im gonna switch it to try.... But man I love waking up to 50-60 texts that I can see immediately

Comment

Working...
                                X