Who Feeds Medicated Protein?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
    So basically they’re recommending that you only feed enough for them to clean up in a week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is what I get from that....

Comment

Well the results came back and out of 17 samples taken, 7 showed positive. Surprisingly they did not recommend feeding medicated feed at this time. They suggested taking samples again in May.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
        Well the results came back and out of 17 samples taken, 7 showed positive. Surprisingly they did not recommend feeding medicated feed at this time. They suggested taking samples again in May.

Interesting, 41 percent positive result and they suggest not feeding it. Wonder what the result would have to be before they suggested it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
          Interesting, 41 percent positive result and they suggest not feeding it. Wonder what the result would have to be before they suggested it?
          I think they recommend feeding if it is a majority.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
            I think they recommend feeding if it is a majority.
            Oh gotcha. Good info to have, we'll feed it even if it came back 2 percent positive

Comment

We picked up some to feed one round of it this time. $20 a bag in San Angelo at Palmers.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                We picked up some to feed one round of it this time. $20 a bag in San Angelo at Palmers.

Good deal, let me know your results. That's about what we pay per bag also

Comment

Moving to timed protein this year. Wonder how well this would distribute using that versus free choice. I like teh concept and maybe it would keep us from losing some deer for a few extra bucks.

I guess its still not available in the Angelo area?...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Moving to timed protein this year. Wonder how well this would distribute using that versus free choice. I like teh concept and maybe it would keep us from losing some deer for a few extra bucks.

I guess its still not available in the Angelo area?...

Palmers has it.

Comment

Great information. I've been interested in this myself for our management program.

Comment

Who Feeds Medicated Protein?

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                        Palmers has it.

Good deal. Any idea of the cost?

I guess there is no chance of over medicating in one fill?

Comment

$20/Bag.

I assume they’re 50lb sacks, but you’ll have to ask Txwhitetail to be sure.

Comment

You won't over medicate them, dang near impossible unless they live in a pen and eat only medicated feed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                              You won't over medicate them, dang near impossible unless they live in a pen and eat only medicated feed.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                                $20/Bag.

I assume they’re 50lb sacks, but you’ll have to ask Txwhitetail to be sure.

That’s $11.50 more a sac[emoji15]. Glad it’s only once a year[emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X