AR Scope Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR Scope Suggestion

I recently bought an M&P AR 15 (this is my first AR style rifle to own). I bought it with the intention of it being a pig killing gun that my daughter, who is 8 years old, will shoot. I would like some suggestions on which scope to buy for this gun. I don't want to spend more than $250 or so. Thanks for any help! I read this forum almost daily but rarely post. I enjoy following along!

Save a little more and get a vortex 1-8 strike eagle

Comment

What distance will it be mainly shot from?

If it is used for close up work, I prefer a 1-4, 1-6, or 1-8 power scope. I have a Primary Arms 1-6x24 on my primary 6.5 Grendel hog gun. It's slightly out of your budget though (Just under $300.

If it will be used for longer distances, a standard 3-9x40 or 4-16x40 scope will serve you well. I personally have a Sig Sauer Whiskey 3-9x40 on my 18" .223 AR that I use for coyotes, foxes, and bobcats. However, if I setup that rifle again, I would probably go with a Vortex Diamondback or Viper.

Comment

Thanks for the help! Most shots will be right at or inside 100 yards.

Comment

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=708776. This nikon is perfect for what you want. Better jump fast, it wont last.

Comment

Nikon P-223

Comment

Leupold VX1 or Redfield 3x9 would be a good choice and you will have money left over for a decent mount. I have a VX1 on my AR and have been happy with it for the price.

Comment

Thanks for the help! I went with a Vortex Strike Eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by gooseman View Post
                  I recently bought an M&P AR 15 (this is my first AR style rifle to own). I bought it with the intention of it being a pig killing gun that my daughter, who is 8 years old, will shoot. I would like some suggestions on which scope to buy for this gun. I don't want to spend more than $250 or so. Thanks for any help! I read this forum almost daily but rarely post. I enjoy following along!
                  I had the same questions and came across a decent collection of a few scopes under $200 that may be useful to take a look at.

Best AR 15 Scope Under 200 | Ratings and Reviews on the Best Scopes for the AR-15 all under $200. Our comparison on a variety of Budget AR Scopes.

I picked up the Vortex Spitfire and am loving it so far!

Good luck!

Comment

Look around for a 2.5-10

I have a strike eagle it's ok but nothing special

Comment

I put the Nikon Active Target 4x12 scope on mine and absolutely love it. Really good glass for the price and makes shooting them a breeze.

Comment

I mounted a Sig Sauer Whiskey 3 with the illuminated reticle. I found it on sale on Camofire. It's a really good scope for the money.

Comment

I have a Barska on mine. Yeah, its cheap ($85) but its clear and holds zero well for how I use it. Im sighted for 100yds as well. The gun cost me less than $400, so I wasnt about to spend more on a scope than the gun cost, and these had good reviews. Probably not a precision scope, but it works for me.

Comment

I have the Vortex 3x9x40 lighted reticile, love it

God Bless
                            Bish

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
                              Nikon P-223
                              This

Comment

Working...
                              X