Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fredericksburg to become home to $78 million Seven Hills Resort and Conference Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fredericksburg to become home to $78 million Seven Hills Resort and Conference Center

http://abc13.com/travel/$78-million-resort-breaking-ground-in-charming-fredericksburg/3864920/

I copied the link. I'm not sure why it's spelled wrong in the title

I'm not sure if this is good or bad for Fredericksburg. I think part of what made it special was the small shops, and small town feel.

Comment

It was bound to happen sooner or later unfortunately

Comment

FREDERICKSBURG, Texas (KTRK) -- The charming Texas Hill Country destination of Fredericksburg, long beloved for its array of B&Bs and wineries, is getting its first full-fledged destination resort.

The $78 million Seven Hills Resort and Conference Center, at U.S. Highway 87 North and U.S. Highway 290 West, will include:

A 150-room, full-service hotel under the upscale Curio Collection by Hilton brand.
        A rooftop bar.
        A 35,000-square-foot conference center.
        A 40,000-square-foot retail and restaurant "village."
        An outdoor amphitheater.
        Restoration of the historic Klingelhoefer House.
        Nearly a dozen new Sunday Houses, a style of guesthouse common in Fredericksburg.

Construction on the 22-acre project is set to break ground this fall, with the opening slated for early 2020.

Comment

Wow I’m not surprised but I am... I wonder how the locals feel about that

Comment

Sounds like they are "Austining up" Fredericksburg.
            Wife lived there for 5 years after grad school. Man has that place changed since she left. It will help keep money flowing in, but I can't imagine too many of the Generational locals being too happy. But as time goes on, things change

Comment

I remember when chili’s went through hell to get a permit because they didn’t want big business....

Cali screws Texas again...

Comment

That's actually pretty cheap compared to what a lot of the bigger resorts in San Antonio and Austin cost. Therefore it probably won't be a huge resort like some others in the state.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                  Wow I’m not surprised but I am... I wonder how the locals feel about that
                  If they own significant amounts of land, they're all becoming very, very rich.

Maybe not what they want, but it's happening. Not a bad consolation prize.

Comment

Tons of Cali's moving there now.

Comment

If y'all get tired of big 'ol Fredicka, just don't head down 87 and visit little 'ol Comfort. We don't need no more dang fereners here!!!

Comment

Only rich if they sell, otherwise they get to enjoy the increased value in their property and the taxes they have to pay for it.
                        Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                        If they own significant amounts of land, they're all becoming very, very rich.

Maybe not what they want, but it's happening. Not a bad consolation prize.
                        Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Merc View Post
                          Only rich if they sell, otherwise they get to enjoy the increased value in their property and the taxes they have to pay for it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                          X2 to what Merc said.

Some of those ranches go back to Spanish Land grants.

Comment

Fredericksburg has turned in to an overpriced, traffic congested, souvenir shop. Especially on the weekends. I avoid it if at all possible. I travel through there quite a bit, and always take the long south side short cut around it.

Comment

Bad deal for locals. Welcome Libtards.
                              Get ready for a few more internet cafes, spin classes and hot yoga studios.

Comment

Working...
                              X