Big *** fans, anyone have one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big *** fans, anyone have one?

Are the really worth that much money? I find it hard to pay 3k for a 84" fan. Hopefully someone can educate me.

In my opinion no. We have several at work and they do not put off very much airflow. I can stand 10 ft in front of it and feel a tiny breeze, but it’s not concentrated. Maybe it’s because they are in very large areas but I would rather work in front of a port a cool, or a barrel fan. I work in a paper mill maybe that’s why, but maybe someone else can answer for in a shop or something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My dad just put one up in his newly built sunroom. This is not his first one. He loves them. I knew they were $$$ but didn't know they cost that much.

oh look...what is that?

Comment

BA Fans are not the only manufacturer. Search for HVLS fans. That is the industry term.

I have been considering this for my patio:
        https://www.tropicalfancompany.com/7...g-fan-orb.aspx

Edit:
        At work, the shop has some of the big floor fans that BA makes, and they are LEGIT! They move some serious air for a roll around fan.

Comment

I have 4 72" Fanamation fans from lowes and they are awesome. $299

Comment

I'm not sure how much air movement a 96' one would create. But at work some of our customers have probably 20ft fans and they do turn fairly slow but they move a volume of air because of their size. They create air circulation and a slight breeze. but are they worth the cost I'm not so convinced. im sure you can find reviews on Youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
              BA Fans are not the only manufacturer. Search for HVLS fans. That is the industry term.

I have been considering this for my patio:
              https://www.tropicalfancompany.com/7...g-fan-orb.aspx

Edit:
              At work, the shop has some of the big floor fans that BA makes, and they are LEGIT! They move some serious air for a roll around fan.
              Thanks for the link. I've got to decide on a fan soon for an outdoor entertainment build (15'x25'). I like that one a LOT!

Comment

I have that 7' fan under my 26'x30' carport. Not worth the $$$
                I have a 14' Big Azz in my 45x60 shop Worth every $$$ Moved massive air.

Comment

I have one on my pavillion and I can barely feel any air moving around from it. I didn't pay retail, but I would not buy one again for outdoor use anyway.

Comment

I want to get one for my 30’x50’ shop, Hone Depot has one that is for 2500’ sq ft for about $3k. I have two 48” barrell fans and they’re nice if you’re directly in its path, but they always s take up space.

Comment

Originally posted by yazoomike View Post
                      I have that 7' fan under my 26'x30' carport. Not worth the $$$
                      I have a 14' Big Azz in my 45x60 shop Worth every $$$ Moved massive air.
                      Where did you get your 14’ from, directly from BA fans?

Comment

That 7'er shows to do 2000+ sq ft. I find that hard to believe...jmo

Comment

Don’t forget that the headspace above the fan has a lot to do with how much air it can move. If it is too tight against the ceiling, it doesn’t matter how big the fan is, it won’t move much. It’s like setting a box fan a couple inches from a wall, it creates a low pressure zone on the intake side. With the proper drop from the ceiling, any properly sized HVLS will move plenty of air.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                            Where did you get your 14’ from, directly from BA fans?
                            Yes sir.

Comment

I bought one and had it installed about a year ago. They are crazy expensive and it runs off of a Wi-Fi connection. I had a problem with it constantly disconnecting from the Wi-Fi connection. The company was great and trying to help diagnose what was wrong with it but could never figure out why the connection kept disconnecting. The company gave me my money back along with the money that it cost to have it installed.

Comment

Working...
                              X