Alarm monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm monitoring

For the past 3 years I have been under contract with Moni security. I have paid $49/month for the equipment and monitoring. as of next month, I am no longer under contract and do not want to pay that ridiculous rate.

I am looking for under $20 for home monitoring.. Who do y'all use?

Thanks for the help

Smith Thompson, no complaints and meets your price requirement

Comment

So apparently I have a Go Control (2gig) system that Smith Thompson can't use. It'll cost me 199 for a new controller, + 89 for the wireless transmitter them 16.95 a month. Doesn't seem awful just wondering what else is out there.

Comment

I found this the other day. Thought I might look into it when my contract is up.

With Surety you get exceptional performance at an extraordinary value. See our DIY home security & automation w professional monitoring plans & prices here.

Also, not sure if you have checked but make sure your contract doesn't automatically renew and also see what kind of notification deadline is in your current contract.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyOrtiz View Post
          So apparently I have a Go Control (2gig) system that Smith Thompson can't use. It'll cost me 199 for a new controller, + 89 for the wireless transmitter them 16.95 a month. Doesn't seem awful just wondering what else is out there.
          That aint bad man. I paid almost 1k for a dam system from ADT a couple years ago. Wont be doing that again.

Comment

If I ever change mine, I will really look into SimpliSafe. For now, I have it through Suddenlink and it's around the price you're looking for.

Comment

Be sure to read the fine print of the contract. A lot of the security companies will put a clause in the contract stating you must provide 30 days advance cancellation notice prior to your contract termination date. Otherwise, they will auto renew you for an additional 3 year contract. I found this out the hard way and ended up settling for a few hundred dollar fee to move on.

Right now, I use Xfinity for monitoring and it's bundled with my TV and internet. It's like $25 monthly with the bundle price. Not a bad deal if you have Xfinity.

I'd try to stay away from anyone that wants to lock you into a long-term contract.

Comment

Ya I am Not a fan of contracts. My wife is in real-estate and it feels like we move every 3 years.. she is getting the itch as i type. I have verified that it goes to month to month after the contract has expired. I just got a call from Builders Security out of San Antonio.. we will see that this guy has to say. I have ATT and they offer security. wonder what they can do.

Comment

I just got an email saying mine is going up to $45 per month. I need to look around.

Comment

Your problem will probably be the programming code as every company has their own. Without that code you can't change the telephone number the alarm will send the signal to. Maybe yours will be in default mode but I kinda doubt it.

Comment

I just did Simplisafe and like it so far. Its all wireless/stick on so I can take it with me whenever I move. Cost me about $400 for the equipment with no contract and they have a $0 (no monitoring just an alarm that goes off), $15 and $25/month charge depending on what all service/control you want. Between that and my wireless Ring doorbell, I really like where Im at.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyOrtiz View Post
                        For the past 3 years I have been under contract with Moni security. I have paid $49/month for the equipment and monitoring. as of next month, I am no longer under contract and do not want to pay that ridiculous rate.

I am looking for under $20 for home monitoring.. Who do y'all use?

Thanks for the help
                        Let them know a few months in advance that you are not renewing. Since you are off the "hook" at that point you can negotiate a new price. I have Hawks and I talked to the guy and he told me that once my contract is up in Sept just let them know prior and the new price is negotiable. In their eyes...anything is better then nothing at this point.

Comment

Is monitoring even necessary?

I've lived in my house for 24 years and have an alarm. I have never had it monitored.

Comment

SimpliSafe. $15/month and no contract

Comment

I've had simplisafe for a couple of years with no complaints.

Comment

Working...
                              X