Stupid question about freezers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid question about freezers.

I have an upright freezer and I’m looking for ways to maximize the space inside. How do y’all package and organize y’all a freezers? I always have fear that I’m going end up with a broken foot when I open it and have an avalanche.

Freezer baskets.

Comment

I agree with the basket solution. I went to the Dollar Store and bought some baskets and that's what I use. They are cheap and work like a champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
        Freezer baskets.
        Originally posted by Gobblerslayer View Post
        I agree with the basket solution. I went to the Dollar Store and bought some baskets and that's what I use. They are cheap and work like a champ.
        Got pics?
        I've got a chest. But I'm kinda ocd when it comes to organizing.

Comment

Thanks guys we do that a little for frozen vegetables just wanted to make sure i wasn’t missing out one something that might work better.

Comment

I’ll take an upright over a chest freezer ANY DAY. The item you want is always at the bottom of a chest freezer.

As others have said baskets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

On your ground meat, after you vacuum seal it, smash it down flat instead of leaving it in a big ball. That way it stacks very neatly.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                On your ground meat, after you vacuum seal it, smash it down flat instead of leaving it in a big ball. That way it stacks very neatly.
                ^^^^ This ^^^

Comment

It's all about how you package the meat. Saves more of a headache (or footache) later if you use a bag that is just a little too long and spread everything out flat. Then I'll usually stack them all how I want before I put them into the fridge. How they freeze is how they stay until needed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a commercial type upright freezer that only came with 3 shelves. I just bought those plastic totes like butchers use and put one on each shelf. Gives me lots of storage and Lars me pull out each one like a drawer. I need to order one more wire shelf though since there is a lot of headroom above each one.

Comment

i don't have any problems as long as I'm the one who stacks the freezer, my wife and kids have absolutely 0 concept of level, square, or neat for that matter.

Comment

Maybe you should send them in for the broke foot[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          I’ll take an upright over a chest freezer ANY DAY. The item you want is always at the bottom of a chest freezer.

As others have said baskets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Agree totally on this my days of a chest freezers are over.

Comment

I love my upright. Flat ground meat is also very useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X