Suppressor ready hunting rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppressor ready hunting rifle?

I guess I'm finally in the market for a new deer hunting rifle. I've been using the same couple 270s for many years. I have a 30 cal suppressor so I want my next rifle to be able to use it. I'll probably stay with the 270 caliber unless i have a good reason to switch. So my question is what are some good options for suppressor ready rifles? Let's use a budget of $500 for this.

New or used?
    Long range?

Comment

Ruger American Predator

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
        Ruger American Predator
        X2

Comment

At that price point the ruger or savage will be your best options if not your only.

I think I'd lean ruger with several models threaded from the factory and having an excellent reputation for accuracy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is an awesome deal on a TC Compass. Many calibers to choose from. Already threaded for your suppressor. I don't own one of these but have read a lot of reviews that said they are decent guns for the money. Most any caliber with a 4x12 Vortex scope for $334.

Comment

The Ruger American is probably the best bang for the buck out there right now. If looks comes into play, I would answer differently, but it is very hard to beat them for out of the box accuracy and affordability.
              Savage actually makes a nice rifle these days as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                New or used?
                Long range?
                I wouldn't be opposed to a used rifle. I don't need a rifle built for long range. Most shots are well within 300 yards.

Comment

You already have a couple of .270’s and interested in buying another with a $500 budget.

My suggestion and something to consider: send one of your rifles to PacNor and they will
                  true your action , install a custom barrel, and chamber for $625. Probably for $100 more they can thread barrel for suppressor. This will easily be your most accurate and fun shooting rifle. Spend a little more and build a tack driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                    Ruger American Predator
                    x50-11.

Those little guns hit way above their weight class. Got one for my son, swapped the trigger, free floated the barrel, and it now shoots as well as some of my rifles costing 4x as much.

Comment

Have you thought about threading your current rifles

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntermac View Post
                        x50-11.

Those little guns hit way above their weight class. Got one for my son, swapped the trigger, free floated the barrel, and it now shoots as well as some of my rifles costing 4x as much.
                        Exactly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
                          Have you thought about threading your current rifles

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
                          I have, but they have sentimental value and I really don't want to mess with them.

It looks like I'll be looking into the Ruger. Now I just have to decide between 308 and 6.5.

Comment

I went with the 308 compass, it was too cheap to pass on. figured it would be my new pig/coyote gun

Comment

308 and can shoot sub sonic rounds, other wise I really dont see the point in a suppressor.

Comment

Working...
                              X