Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chiropractor...What are your thoughts/experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chiropractor...What are your thoughts/experiences?

My back has been jacked up for about a month now. I'm not sure what the issue is other than the fact I'm getting old. I can't even pinpoint what caused my back to start hurting. I just know that it went from fine to I could hardly walk in about 4 hrs.

Since that happened I went to the chiropractor twice. And I can say that I have relief from the acute pain and felt like things were improving...but...in the last 2 days its starting to get worse again.

Go back to chiropractor or get go see a sports medicine doc?

I would keep going to the chiropractor. If you can do adjustment + 30min massage I would. My chiro has a massage therapist at the office and my insurance pays for 30 min with adjustment. Usually the massage therapist does deep tissue on my hamstrings and glutes since that is usually a big contributor when I have lower back pain.

Comment

When I was in high school I had several lower vertebrae that shifted out of place as well as 2 bulging disks. I went to both chiro and sports doctor. The sports doctor put me on a strict rehab workout as well as continued chiro visits and 2 months I was back to 100%. I am a fan of the chiropractor because they do make a difference but you may have other issues than alignment and tight muscles.

Comment

I like mine and he has done wonders for me but still takes time to recover from those things. They can't fix everything but can help with alot of issues. I always tried to do to much to soon and would reinjure the area before it would heal up. Good luck, getting old is not for sissys.

Comment

x3 on all the responses above.

I really like my chiro helps me a ton.

Comment

I had 2 herniated discs and a chiro fixed me up but it took 3 to find the one I liked. The doctors wanted to do the injections but we had a good friend do that and it went way bad and he died from it.

Comment

I use one that was the chiropractor for LSU track and he’s great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have used a chiro for a while now and I like getting adjustments. However, you may want to look into Airosti. These people work magic IMHO. I was unable to walk and went to them and they fixed me up in 4 sessions. I have referred several people with similar results. I have no connection other than a patient. Check them out.

Comment

A chiro once told me the best exercise for the back is simply walking.

I can crack my back or someone else do it...but it always hurts more later. Ive quit cracking my back.

No joke: if you drive a GM truck/suv from this last yearish to about mid 90s...your truck might be jacking with your back. GM offset the centerset of the steering wheel from the centerset of the drivers seat...in order to have the driver face more towards the centerline of the truck and not towards the road...to facilitate easier use of center console and dash controls. I had to get rid of my 2011 2500. It was debilitating me...driving contorted. I stretch daily...ballet dancer stretches. Makes a world of difference to me.

Go sports medicine doctor. Get away from the chiropractor.

God bless!

Comment

I've had good luck with physical therapy for lower back issues. Some therapist now perform chiropractic type adjustments to complement physical therapy treatment.

Comment

Go back to the chiropractor. Sometimes it takes more than 1 or 2 adjustments. Been goin to mine for couple years. I drive a big rig and even with air ride seats my back gets out of whack. Doesn't take much to mess it up. Just movin the wrong way can do it. I sneezed one time and had to go see him. 30 minutes later all was right again.

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                        x3 on all the responses above.

I really like my chiro helps me a ton.
                        X4. Keep going back.

Comment

My chiropractor has helped me tremendously and at his expense because I no longer have to go see him. He told me to guy buy an inversion table and hang from that once a day for 10-15 minutes. I haven't had the serious back issues I once had since I started doing just that

Comment

X5

After decades of triathlon and endurance running I find chiro and other body workers to be invaluable.

Comment

I was going to a chiro/therapist in Georgetown that had a device called a HIVAMAT. It helped me tremendously. My lower spine was too straight, and I was walking cocked to the side like an old man. I am all normal now.
                              The HIVAMAT is kind of like getting a massage while hooked up to jumper cables.

Comment

Working...
                              X