This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    The problem A&M has is the same problem every one else has........UGA is the new Bama and Bama is still Bama.

Urban and Dabo aren't going anywhere.
    No doubt UGA is good, but I think declaring them the new Alabama is a stretch. Talk to me in 5 years when they have 3 or 4 NC's and I'll listen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
      No doubt UGA is good, but I think declaring them the new Alabama is a stretch. Talk to me in 5 years when they have 3 or 4 NC's and I'll listen.
      True but you know what I meant.

It's all about those 4 seats at the big boy table. They are pretty much taken by the 4 I mentioned. OU is next in line at this point. Whether or not Riley can keep them there remains to be seen. The dropoff at QB will be massive.
      Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 04-18-2018, 01:04 PM.

Comment

IMO, Texas football PRACTICE is more important than any pro sport. LOL.

FWIW.........

Fox Sports college football analyst Joel Klatt recently visited Texas for an in-depth look at spring practice. His reaction? This was not the same Texas team that limped to 7-6 in Tom Herman’s first season.
        Klatt also scouted Texas before last season, and the biggest changes come in developing talent. He discussed Texas’ impressive growth this winter on The Audible podcast with Bruce Feldman and Stewart Mandel.
        “What jumped out to me, I was down there last spring and there were just a couple of guys that were, ‘they’re clearly really good players.’ Connor Williams was one of them. Malik Jefferson was one of them. Then there were just a lot of question marks. The wide receivers looked good, but hadn’t really proven anything. Then this year, when I went down and I’m standing there with coach (Tom) Herman, it hits me like a ton of bricks. It’s like, ‘this team looks drastically different.’ From size, speed potential, athleticism, it looks drastically different than it did a year ago at this time. He and I had that conversation. He said that there was no question that they are light years ahead of where they were a year ago. I really believe — pending the health of their quarterback who I believe is going to be Sam Ehlinger and should be Sam Ehlinger — that’s a really good football team. I could see them, and I could see them competing for the Big 12 Championship this year, his second year. Listen, it all has to do with health and clearly that team in week three, it’s as a big one against USC in terms of the momentum and so on and so forth, but this is a really good football team. They kept all of their assistant coaches. They paid them a lot of money, including Todd Orlando. I think they could legitimately take the next step. I came out of there very bullish on Texas.”
        There is a lot to unpack within Klatt’s analysis. Most importantly, the expectation that Texas should compete for a Big 12 title if health and luck are on the side of the Longhorns. Texas won its first bowl game since Mack Brown’s 2012 season under Hermann. His 7-6 record was also a program best since the Brown era. Texas has not won a Big 12 title since 2009.
        At quarterback, Klatt vouched for Ehlinger as the should-be starter. Ehlinger threw for 1,915 yards, 11 touchdowns and seven interceptions in nine games as a true freshman. He signed with Texas last year as a 247Sports Composite four-star quarterback and the No. 4 dual-threat passer in the country.

Of all the CFB blowhards out there on every station, website, podcast.....I think Joel Klatt is "on" far more than any of the others. He does a weekly call in during football season on the ticket, always very objective without all the normal fluff. Really like that dude's outlook on things.

But it's still just practice.

Comment

Joel Klatt is a complete joke.

Comment

True but you know what I meant.

It's all about those 4 seats at the big boy table. They are pretty much taken by the 4 I mentioned. OU is next in line at this point. Whether or not Riley can keep them there remains to be seen. The dropoff at QB will be massive.
            Wait! You said Mayfield was a TT reject and a fraud. How can there be a massive drop off? You're scared. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
              Wait! You said Mayfield was a TT reject and a fraud. How can there be a massive drop off? You're scared. LOL!

He meant literally...6'1" to 5'4".lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope. Not scared.

Hager gonna hurt that midget. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  He meant literally...6'1" to 5'4".lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Must have.

Comment

Nope. Not scared.

Hager gonna hurt that midget. LOL.
                    Saved.

Comment

OK.

Save this:

That was one of the close losses where the opponent not only lost a senior, but a Heisman winning QB. They come into 2018 HIGHLY overrated. Texas wins in Dallas.

For the full visual imagine me double birding my laptop. LOL.
                      Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 04-18-2018, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Bob is not going to be able to sleep tonight with a sooner's name in the title of the college football thread on TEXASbowhunter!

Comment

As long as he knows it's a tank and not a pond I am good.

Comment

[QUOTE=Burntorange Bowhunter;13322050]OK.

Save this:

That was one of the close losses where the opponent not only lost a senior, but a Heisman winning QB. They come into 2018 HIGHLY overrated. Texas wins in Dallas.

For the full visual imagine me double birding my laptop. LOL

But you said OU was HIGHLY overrated last year. Why didn't you mention horn? They were definitely overrated as they fell well out of the top 25....right?

I think you better stick to pumping sunshine about your team, you know, like you told someone just a few days ago. LOL! You're scared.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                              My time frame for Jimbo is 3 years. He has enough talent to be a tough out for now, and he should be bringing in 5-10 range recruiting classes from here out.

2018 - 8 reg season wins
                              2019 - 9 reg season wins
                              2020 - 10 reg season wins

Anything less than that is a disappointment

Aggies should be a tough out returning 8 starters on defense (Lost 1 S, 1 DT, 1 DE), and 9 on offense (Lost 2 WR). With improved coaching staff, there is no reason to not be able to win 8, and even win a game you shouldn't.
                              I do like your optimism. Nothing wrong with that at all.

I think they get to seven wins. The offensive line is questionable at this point. Clemson, Alabama, Ole Miss, Miss St, and LSU all losses......I hope not but the Ags always play terrible against Ole Miss and Mississippi St. Don’t forget the Razorbacks. I keep wondering when we will lose an overtime game to them. I am with you on the three years deal. It will take time to recruit. Jimbo needs a full year to do that. Anyone who thinks or even comments on Jimbo having to win big this year is insane. I thought the same about Hermann at Texas. It is very difficult to just step in and win without having a full recruiting season. Hermann has stepped it up now.
                              Last edited by ByronB; 04-18-2018, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Crud.....I forgot about Auburn... Aggies win six games next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X