Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you willing to pay for trophy whitetail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tiberiuswade View Post
    Never said trophy hunting was reason...ask what would you pay for a trophy whitetail. You miss point sika. And yes it has an indirect impact on hunter recruitment, if all that new hunters see as being the normal cost to hunt for whitetail is the high cost to harvest one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I believe it does also. I have 3 sons and none of them hunt anymore. To much $$$$. Heck, Im almost there myself. Out of state is cheaper, but it has one problem...its out of state.

To answer the OP question. About what I lease for, which aint much

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
      About $48
      My thoughts exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
        Prices of pen deer hunts have been going down for a while.
        Yep. 15 years ago, a 200 inch pen deer was a whopper and expensive. Now they are culled from the breeders and shot at 3 yrs old.

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
          About $48
          X2
          Many chances to take a kid on outing without breaking bank. Public lands hunt offer many opportunity to learn about woodsmanship and tracking.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
            What ever I pay to hunt is my business. I reckon my mind aint big enough to understand why some one would care what I pay for anything.

I dont mean that in a bad way, but dang, y'all get worked up on this paid hunting stuff. Why? Who cares if I pay 10,000 for an elk hunt on public land ? Or pay 15,000 for a whitetail? I went Mountain lion hunting twice before I got one and paid for each hunt. I have seen some posts on TBH where guys pay 100.00 for a bottle of whisky, 20.00 for a cigar or 70,000 for a pick up truck. 2500.00 for a pair of binos or riflescope, 1000.00 for a new bow is common now.

Sooner or later the market will correct it self. Young uns nowadays aint got no interest in hunting cause they aint got no patience, they want something right now .

It isn’t worth fussing about unless the bone is showing or you ain’t got no feeling in it.
            Originally posted by Radar View Post
            That is why it is called hunting and not “killing”.

I can guarantee you that I see people planted in front of a slot machine spending their last dime to be a millionaire , and they ain’t got a pot to pizz in. I see it at the gas stations with them danged ol scratch off tickets. So if I save my money up and spend it on a hunt instead of bullchit what’s wrong with that.
            Are you sure we ain't cousins ? We sure do think alike !

Comment

Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                I didn’t miss the point at all...your question - how much is a trophy deer worth to you - was a red herring but I’ll play along....I could buy a very nice deer hunt with all the money I’ll spend on leases this year. No question. But I’d rather have year round access to the land and the opportunity to hunt multiple species throughout the year. Those things are more important to me than the opportunity to kill one 200 inch whitetail.

Trophy hunting is a 100% luxury item, like a nice watch or luxury car..and it’s always been an option for those that could afford it. Hunter recruitment is down because more people are growing up in an urban environment with no access to land and hunting opportunities.
                Sika...you completely missed boat...
                Smart no red herring
                My simple question: My question to all good hunters: what will you pay for Over 225'' SCI whitetail....read ask what would you pay..... nothing to do with trophy hunting (if you can good go for it), all was asked was what would you pay as hunters. So I say yeah you read more into what was being asked... [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                  I can’t make myself do it either. I wouldn’t mind paying for food and boarding but that’s it if I didn’t kill. I would also like it to be a real hunt not kick and shoot.

I actually would probably prefer to hunt a ranch that is wanting to offset their protein cost and not so much an outfitter.

I would pay as much as $5,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Black ice you nail it as to my question...
                  What would you pay as hunters, for chance at 225+ deer, than all the other read more than what was asked. Thinking I mean trophy hunting and such....it nothing to do with that at all. Simple ??? And you only one I see gave answer I was looking for.
                  My reason for post was to get feel from other hunters, what they would be willing to pay (as I have a chance to go on hunt and want to know if anyone else pay those prices). Many got panties in wad....
                  Thanks for your right input

Comment

Sika...you completely missed boat...
                    Smart no red herring
                    My simple question: My question to all good hunters: what will you pay for Over 225'' SCI whitetail....read ask what would you pay..... nothing to do with trophy hunting (if you can good go for it), all was asked was what would you pay as hunters. So I say yeah you read more into what was being asked... [emoji16]

Why does it matter, it’s your money. Guess I don’t understand. I sold a toolbox last week for 8500.00 and the customer wanted it, no up selling or pushing involved. He was happy and that’s all that mattered.
                    Last edited by Radar; 02-10-2018, 12:39 PM.

Comment

What would you pay as hunters, for chance at 225+ deer, than all the other read more than what was asked. Thinking I mean trophy hunting and such....it nothing to do with that at all. Simple ??? And you only one I see gave answer I was looking for.
                      My reason for post was to get feel from other hunters, what they would be willing to pay (as I have a chance to go on hunt and want to know if anyone else pay those prices). Many got panties in wad....

Your ending statement is what people are responding to in context with the question. Pretty simple??
                      In response to your question it’s all relative. Did I just get a big bonus? How much expendable cash am I sitting on? Different strokes.

Comment

$9,500

Comment

I would estimate a deer of the quality to be around 12K . I would not pay that ... probably 3-5K and I would for go my lease . In no way is a 225” pen raised deer the same as shooting one of that quality on public land or low fence . I’m sure to some people that’s important but not to me.

Comment

Then my simple answer is ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                              Trophy hunting is not the reason for the decline in hunter recruitment
                              It is a lot of the reason. People with real estate realize they can capitalize on folks willing to overpay for leases, or they lease to outfitters that realize folks are willing to pay that kind of money.

Comment

I've seen all over the country where hunters pay upwards of $5000 or more to have opportunity to harvest a trophy whitetail.

My question to all good hunters: what will you pay for Over 225'' SCI whitetail
                                $10,175.00 to $15,000.00....

No wonder our hunter numbers are declining

Assuming you want a answer to your question and not my commentary I would pay up 4500.00 which is not close to your numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X