Duck hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck hunting?

I am looking for some good public land for Duck hunting in the fall. Does anyone have any good areas they wouldn't mind sharing?

Kansas can be decent

Comment

get a map and start scouting

Comment

Granger Lake use to be my favorite place. Haven't been in a while so don't know how it is nowadays.

Comment

man that's a great idea about getting a map.... but don't really want to be driving all over the state of Texas!!!! Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Good luck. Very rarely is someone going to give up there hunting locations.

Comment

There are no "Secret" public spots. Spots change from year to year and day to day depending on the rain fall, food sources, and hunting pressure. This is the case no matter if you're in Texas, Kansas, Tennessee, ect. So anyone that acts like there is a "honey hole that only they know about", is full of **** as a Christmas turkey. I'm not trying to ugly, but do like everyone else and get yourself a map of the public lakes in your area from TP and W, figure out where you can hunt, where you can get (by 4 wheeler or boat or walking...) and go scout and find the birds. Then shoot them in the face.

There's no secret to it, CMurph. Just a little work and fuel.

Good luck.

Oh, and if you're not willing to drive all over the state to shoot birds, you should stick to the deer hunting and save yourself the time and money. Or, you should start using cocaine. It's a cheaper habbit and the women are hotter...
              Last edited by Mud Shark; 05-09-2014, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Thanks!
                Last edited by CMURPH; 05-09-2014, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Shark View Post
                  There are no "Secret" public spots. Spots change from year to year and day to day depending on the rain fall, food sources, and hunting pressure. This is the case no matter if you're in Texas, Kansas, Tennessee, ect. So anyone that acts like there is a "honey hole that only they know about", is full of **** as a Christmas turkey. I'm not trying to ugly, but do like everyone else and get yourself a map of the public lakes in your area from TP and W, figure out where you can hunt, where you can get (by 4 wheeler or boat or walking...) and go scout and find the birds. Then shoot them in the face.

There's no secret to it, CMurph. Just a little work and fuel.

Good luck.

Oh, and if you're not willing to drive all over the state to shoot birds, you should stick to the deer hunting and save yourself the time and money. Or, you should start using cocaine. It's a cheaper habbit and the women are hotter...
                  Sounds like someone's panties are just little too tight today.

And CMURPH - PM inbound

Comment

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post

And CMURPH - PM inbound

Not at all. It just bugs me when people act like there's a secret spot that no one in the world knows about but them. Same thing as fishing. We're supposed to want to get people involved in outdoors, right?

He needs to know what it takes to be successful and if he's not willing to out that work in, maybe he should think really hard about whether or not he wants to do it.

Comment

Good edit CMURPH. I was not trying to be mean. People put alot of work and time scouting for game and don't like to do it all for someone else. I personally don't hunt ducks so I have no clue where to go. Good luck.

Comment

Well I wont ask for advise on this site no more haha...

Comment

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post

And CMURPH - PM inbound
                          I think hes spot on in his point, just a little blunt and rude about making it. there are so many spots out there to duck hunt, but not many will tell a total stranger where to go. you really do have to get out there, work for it, make friends, and share spots with each other. and get on here and make friends and share spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Shark View Post
                            Not at all. It just bugs me when people act like there's a secret spot that no one in the world knows about but them. Same thing as fishing. We're supposed to want to get people involved in outdoors, right?

He needs to know what it takes to be successful and if he's not willing to out that work in, maybe he should think really hard about whether or not he wants to do it.
                            Read his post. He didn't ask for a "secret" spot. He was looking for info about public lands. Pretty innocent question if you ask me. Much like all the other questions that are asked on here.

Comment

well I just moved back here from Cali where I was stationed for the last 8 years. I have lost my barring over the last 10 years. All I wanted was someone to kind give me the scoop here in Central Texas. I don't have a problem doing the leg work but I just didn't know where to start! Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                              X