No announcement yet.

LBJ Grasslands 2012 Hunting Seasons Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my next time out will be friday morning.

Comment

I will be out there Sat morning and come back Sun

Comment

I just got in nothing in range tonight

Comment

Going in the morning to set up he blind for Thursday. Might get lucky while doing so. Well I hope..

Comment

Anyone else having a hard time seeing deer up there. Seems like all the deer I had on tc aren't showing up now.

Comment

Originally posted by texas bound View Post
              Anyone else having a hard time seeing deer up there. Seems like all the deer I had on tc aren't showing up now.
              I've been seeing deer but not in range to shoot anything. Haven't seen any bucks, just a bunch of does and fawns so far.

Comment

I saw some does openings weekend but like you they were to far away.

Comment

Probably just the fact now that there are tons more people walking around the woods now. Have to remember the deers range also, so a hunter doesn't have to walk right by your area but even a mile away it could spook them into changing their entire routine. Thats what I think, that they have been displaced from there normal routine because of the hunters now tramping around... kinda blows the prescouting out the window.

Comment

I had a buck come up behind the blind wheezing hard but then just left. Other then that jumped 3 does on the way out today.

Comment

Well guys, I can say I stick one, but the recovery was inconclusive. I dusted her opening morning bout 9 but the rain was too much for a good blood trail. But its nice to have action.

Comment

Originally posted by nock1 View Post
                        Well guys, I can say I stick one, but the recovery was inconclusive. I dusted her opening morning bout 9 but the rain was too much for a good blood trail. But its nice to have action.
                        Ah man! That sucks! We were up at the shop the other day, but ya weren't there. Had to get some new blazers so I could refletch my arrows, put some of Cameron's wraps on em. We hadn't been up there since Britt had her accident. If ya didn't see it, she accidentally Busted a window on our house while trying to open it. Cut her wrist bad, 1 artery, 2 tendons and 2 nerves. So she's out for the season. We'll be back up there soon though, in sure there's something I'll need well make sure to come after 2 though so we can say hi!

Comment

After 2 except on Fri. Then before 2

Comment

things should calm down a little this weekend too...coming out of our full moon phase so they will feed and move a little more during the day instead of night time...alot cooler temps this weekend too...so stick with it guys...I've seen an increase in movement this week since tuesday on...good luck and dont forget to post up when you score...even if its a doe!!!

Comment

They are pounding acorns.. I hunted Sun. evening through Wed night.. Had a doe in range but not really a shot I liked.. Saw a ton of deer.. I could have shot this spike buck twice but let him go.. They are out all night with the moon so evening hunting was much better and one day late morning was good..

My BEST spot is ruined right now and I'm not sure how how long.. Super disappointed in that but you make do and use the sign.. I saw deer almost ever sit..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRhdV2qaYjU&feature=plcp"]GoPro WiFi Buck w Tunes - YouTube[/ame]
                              Last edited by Leftridge; 10-05-2012, 08:21 AM.

Comment

I had about 20 hogs come through this morning but never could get one to stop long enough to shoot it and then had 3 does show up and shot at one but I pulled the shot and missed.

Comment

Working...
                                X