New to the public hunting scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the public hunting scene

Ive been hunting for prob 20 yrs but have always been on a lease somewhere with my dad growing up and never looked into the public lands but now just trying to find a few more options. Just a few beginner questions I am using Georgetown and Granger since they are close and prob be the two I hunt most.

1 After I get my APH I am able to hunt hogs at any time on Granger except when closed for drawn hunts right? I know I read Georgetown in closed for hunting from last day of Feb to Sep 1st and it sounded like you had to be drawn to hunt anything there.

2 the archery proficiency test where the heck do you take it. They say you need it but doesn't say where you can get it and I am assuming its a extra hoop that Georgetown requires for safety but haven't seen anything about it with Granger.

Granger PHL no longer has draw hunts through TPWD.

Check with Bow Hunter Education on the TPWD website when they have a proficiency test

Comment

we'll see what granger holds next year, I look for some changes to the APH access

Comment

My son and I hunted Granger this past year, ended both killing bucks. One 130 and one 156

Comment

Working...
        X