Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are water mocasins venomous?

Comment

Bit by a copperhead when I was little. Didn't keep down for very long.

Comment

I have been bitten by a rat snake and a copperhead. The copperhead was and wasn't my fault. I was walking in some thick brush and he was laying at the top if a knee high bush as I brushed up against it and he tagged me just above my knee, he died and I had to spend the evening at the hospital being monitored but not that bad. The rat snake was all me trying to pick him up and move him to a different area of the barn that we weren't working in at the time.

Now coon bites that another story in itself, them guys got a heck of a bite on them and armadillo's got some really sharp claws for those that don't know it.

Comment

cottonmouth when I was 13. reached down from the boat to pull a stringer of fish in and he nailed my hand.
          It was a real bad week!

Comment

Never been hit but was struck at a few times when I was around 12-13. I think I was just out of range but between me jumping, screaming, and dropping bombs out the backside at him, I got away.

Comment

I can't count the number of times I've been bitten by non poisonous snakes. One small copperhead got me on the back of the leg when I was 14 and snake hunting and he saw me before I saw him. Not that big of a deal, a little swelling and burning. I have had to remove alot of teeth from my hand from the non poisonous ones, feels like a thorn or cactus needle stuck in your skin.

Comment

I've never been hit before, but have heard of 2 people getting bit by copperheads this summer, so far.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
                  are water mocasins venomous?
                  Yes sir

Comment

Any pics?

Comment

There have been almost twice the number of reported snake bits here in Central Texas this year due to it being so DRY! Be careful, Snakes are on the move looking for water. Most people are getting bite around their houses and not out in the woods. My GF step father got bit at 10:30 the other night on his back porch my a rattlebug! His fang marks are a inch apart and he says alot of pain!!!!!

So watch out

Comment

Well my 10 year old daughter almost became a victim of a copperhead yesterday. We were at her stand and working and I was working on clearing some limbs out of the line of fire. Well she saw a "big" mushroom and wanted to go look at it so she just took off through the woods without paying any attention. Luckily my 13 year old son saw the copperhead and yelled out snake. My daughter had walked less than a foot from him. When my son hollered out snake my daughter took off running right past him again. Needless to say they had an eye opening experience on why I preach to them on paying attention to their surroundings and to not act silly in the woods. I am very thankful that my daughter didn't get bitten and that my son saw it and let us know. We also discussed snake safety. I am also thankful that copperheads are passive because if it had been a rattlesnake or water moccasin then she would probably been tagged. I am thankful the most to the Lord for watching over her!

Comment

ttt

Comment

I posted my little story to make sure we help each other keep an eye out for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
                              the real question is how many have been bitten by a snake and did the snake die?
                              I was 10 I believe (however old you are in 4th grade) and was helping my dad fill a feeder of ours out at my family's place. I was carrying a bag of corn (bout all I could handle mind you) and dad was walkin ahead of me with the ladder and another bag. So, I'm walking and I pass a dead log on the way to a feeder, hear the rattle and freeze. Before I have a chance to think the snake strikes me right about my boot in the middle of my calf (no chaps or gaiters). I drop the bag and continue to freak the heck out. Snake ending up getting snagged in my jeans due to my flinging and kickin of my leg and eventually gets thrown off due to my tantrum. By this time my old man has gotten back to me and has already pulled his sidearm and soon as that snake hits the ground knocks its head right off with a .357 inbetween the eyes.

Never seen my dad drive that fast in his life to get me to the hospital and we still have that skin mounted up above the door to go into the game room out at the house we have out there. Wasn't the biggest diamondback I've ever seen (just shy of 4 ft.), but needless to say the mount makes for a good story .

Comment

Wow. Where were you at?

Comment

Working...
                                X