Lights for 40x60x16 shop building?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lights for 40x60x16 shop building?

I need some suggestions for lighting for the inside of my 40x60x16 shop building. I'm looking @ LED canopy lights on Amazon, but I don't know what wattage equivalent I would need. Surely someone on here is a lighting expert...or at least stayed in a Holiday Inn. What lights are y'all running on similar sized buildings? Thanks

We have a similar sized shop and run 6 48" LED linear lights. Could probably do with a bit more, but they are very bright and do the job.

Comment

I got a great deal on them but I used low bay fixtures with restrikes.

Comment

I'm looking at fixtures like these, but it looks like it'll take 8 or 9 of them to lite my shop up.
        Last edited by cj7zrcool; 12-08-2015, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Something like this would work great IMO. I've put several of this style in shops with great success. Recently did a 50'x70' with 16' sidewalls and put 8 in there and lit up the whole place with no shadow or dark spots.

Comment

pm sent but your inbox is full.
            I see you live in next town north of me. The new lights that are making great shop lights are the 4' T5 HO fixtures. They are instant start in hot/cold and very bright. I've installed several for customers and they've all been happy and they range from mancave, car shop, workshop, storage,etc. The lamps looks skinny but they have a reflective shield on back side of lamps on the fixtures and makes all the light shine down. Elliott Electric in Weatherford off Bankhead has some in their building above the customer service desk so people can see them in person and get an idea on how they look in real settings. If you have any more questions feel free to pm me
            Last edited by splitbeam145; 12-08-2015, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
              I see you live in next town north of me. The new lights that are making great shop lights are the 4' T5 HO fixtures. They are instant start in hot/cold and very bright. I've installed several for customers and they've all been happy and they range from mancave, car shop, workshop, storage,etc. The lamps looks skinny but they have a reflective shield on back side of lamps on the fixtures and makes all the light shine down. Elliott Electric in Weatherford off Bankhead has some in their building above the customer service desk so people can see them in person and get an idea on how they look in real settings. If you have any more questions feel free to pm me
              My Supporting Membership expired, dropping my available PM storage from 2000 to 500. I re-upped, problem solved.

I'll send you a PM shortly. Thanks!

Comment

Just put these up in my shop. Very bright light. Lithonion T5 High bay HO. Very pleased. Bulbs are rated at 32 years at 3 hrs a day Bought these at Home Depot and the fixtures were $89.97 and the bulbs were $88 per case (15). I know LED's are popular, but you should explore these. And, what Splitbeam says..
                Click image for larger version

Name:	shop lights.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	24419904

Comment

Something like this would work great IMO. I've put several of this style in shops with great success. Recently did a 50'x70' with 16' sidewalls and put 8 in there and lit up the whole place with no shadow or dark spots.
                  http://www.prolighting.com/6lat5flhibay.html
                  This ^^^ These fixture types are very bright and efficient. similar fixtures can be bought at HD or electrical supply house.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner View Post
                    Just put these up in my shop. Very bright light. Lithonion T5 High bay HO. Very pleased. Bulbs are rated at 32 years at 3 hrs a day Bought these at Home Depot and the fixtures were $89.97 and the bulbs were $88 per case (15). I know LED's are popular, but you should explore these. And, what Splitbeam says..
                    [ATTACH]761454[/ATTACH]
                    Why is you vinyl backing on your insulation all cracked?
                    Last edited by cj7zrcool; 12-08-2015, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                      Why is you vinyl backing on your insulation all cracked?
                      Built this shop in 93. Shore is disappointing aint it

Comment

That's what we put in our shop ours is 24x30 and we put three in. It's almost to bright.

Comment

good info on the HO

Comment

Following.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Working...
                              X