264 wm bullet ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

264 wm bullet ideas

I am having a 264 wm built by apr and looking for bullet ideas. This will be a hunting rifle. I usually shoot ttsx bullets but they don't make 140 grain bullet in 6.5. Looking at nosler accubond lr's but have heard some bad things about em. Give me some other ideas and choices

160gr Matrix? They also make a 142gr

Comment

Berger VLD is a good 6.5 bullet

Comment

I have had no luck with the accubond lr's. I'd go with the regular accubonds

Comment

It's hard to beat the Berger VLD's.

Comment

140 berger or 140 accubond. I am undecided on the ablr until I run some. I have heard very very mixed reviews, with most saying they just dont shoot well.

I am very curious about the new hornady ELDX though!!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post

Me too...I have some on order with Midway that should have shipped last week.

Comment

140 berger or 140 accubond. I am undecided on the ablr until I run some. I have heard very very mixed reviews, with most saying they just dont shoot well.

This would be where I'd start.

The barnes 127 LRX would be a good choice and a screemer. I nor anyone I know or have read about have had consistent good results from the ablr, but I'm hoping they improve on that...

Comment

Well, Im in the same boat for a 6.5x284 build this next year...............Berger VLD 140gr, Cutting Edge MTH 130gr, or the new Hornady ELD-X 143gr. I am excited to try out the new ELD-X especially since they run slightly cheaper than the VLD and significantly cheaper than the Cutting Edge.

Comment

I am currently shooting a 185gr berger in my 300wsm with .315" 100 yard groups, I am currently shooting accubonds out of my 25-06 with .387" 100 yard groups. Either of these bullets have the potential for great accuracy.......with the VLD's you might have to play with the seating depth a little. I am curious and excited to try the ELD-X as well.....looks like it could be the best of the best!

Comment

Originally posted by mharrington View Post
                      I am currently shooting a 185gr berger in my 300wsm with .315" 100 yard groups, I am currently shooting accubonds out of my 25-06 with .387" 100 yard groups. Either of these bullets have the potential for great accuracy.......with the VLD's you might have to play with the seating depth a little. I am curious and excited to try the ELD-X as well.....looks like it could be the best of the best!
                      The bergers arent as picky as you think. It all depends on what reamer you use and good of a smith you have to set up your chamber. However, for true long distance shooting, I have found the standard accubond falls off about 800 yards or so where as the accuracy of the berger, keeps on trucking. Obviously this will vary gun to gun and will be dependant on velocity. I was running the 180 ab in my 300 win mag and had terrible luck past 800. The berger I have shot past 1000 with great succes.

Comment

Don't waste your time or money. The ablr's sucked in both guns I tried. Have several buddies with the same problems. There IS a reason nosler can't sell them and has had to have them in shooters pro shop heavily reduced for a long time now. Thst never happens with a newer bullet. This is the 7mm bullets I have no experience with the .30's

Comment

Originally posted by CADDOKILLER View Post
                          Don't waste your time or money. The ablr's sucked in both guns I tried. Have several buddies with the same problems. There IS a reason nosler can't sell them and has had to have them in shooters pro shop heavily reduced for a long time now. Thst never happens with a newer bullet. This is the 7mm bullets I have no experience with the .30's
                          10-4.

So OP, scratch the ablr haha

Comment

How are the vld's for hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by texas bound View Post
                              How are the vld's for hunting?
                              Never had any issues on my end. Got several buddies that shoot them for hunting too. No Issues. Most shots are 50-1100yds on animals. I've shot the 130/140gr VLD out of 6.5x47 and 6.5x284 on deer and all dead within seconds. My good friends shoot the 180gr. 7mm VLD with great success on deer, aoudad, and elks.

Comment

Working...
                              X