Using Remington Model 7400 as coyote gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Remington Model 7400 as coyote gun

I've got my good old Remington Model 7400 Woodmaster .243 that's been sitting in a case for too long. There is an abundance of coyotes in Wilbarger County that need killing. I'm about to try to set up the .243 to kill coyotes. I'd welcome thoughts on a reasonably priced scope to put on it, and an optimal bullet. Go.

Thanks~

Any bullet that shoots well in your rifle, and Nikon scopes are hard to beat for the money. I prefer the 2.5x10x40 Prostaff 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      Any bullet that shoots well in your rifle, and Nikon scopes are hard to beat for the money. I prefer the 2.5x10x40 Prostaff 5.
      Agree^^^^^

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

87gr. ballistic tip. Redfield or Leupold scope. Can't go wrong with either.

Comment

As stated above find a good bullet your gun liked buy good base and rings and a good Nikon and get after them. Don't need a 2k at or custom bolt gun to kill yotes. My go to gun is a 870 12ga and a rugar 77 in 243z

Comment

Since you have a repeater, ( I have same gun I bought for pigs) I suggest a vortex crossfire 3-9 with v brite recticle. It works great on 3 power with brightest red dot daytime running shots. Smaller red dot for dawn/dusk shots Or 9 power no red dot for distant shots.

FYI. 95 grain fusions shoot well in mine
            Last edited by Big pig; 01-17-2018, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the input. Looking at scope options now. Really like the Vortex option. Thanks again.

Comment

I've ordered the Vortex 3-9x50 Crossfire 2 scope. I'm assuming that with the 50mm objective, i need the high rings. Correct?

Comment

I just put a 50mm on my Model 70 and it required the High Rings

Comment

Working...
                  X