No announcement yet.

Lighted nock reviews and opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nocturnals have helped me me find more than a few critters I've shot at last light. The problem I have with them is that it bumps up the price of every arrow I let loose. Won't stop using them, though

Comment

Update on those Launchpad lighted nocks that came with the PileDriver bolts. The nock worked great and didn't affect the flight of my arrow BUT the nock fell out of the arrow after the buck walked maybe 20 steps. So I will be trying another instead of sticking with these

Comment

I have only used the nockturnals. Never changed my POI (I was shooting 285 FPS at that time).

I'm shooting closer to 65 now.

I didn't like the nockturnals at first as I didn't like how to turn it off. It seems like after a few times of turning it off with a knife or whatever it wouldn't turn off. I purchased the nock tool for it and turned it off with ease without damaging the nocks. It's a $6 tool I bought from academy.

I've never had a nockturnal not light up for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shot a pig with a nockturnal yesterday. Nock broke of flush with the shaft. Arrow is toast, can't get the remaining piece of the nock out.

I'll still use them.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
            Shot a pig with a nockturnal yesterday. Nock broke of flush with the shaft. Arrow is toast, can't get the remaining piece of the nock out.

I'll still use them.
            Depending on the arrow, you could probably use a propane torch, field tip and pair of pliers to remove the insert then with a small cleaning rod for a rifle tap out the remainder of the Nocturnal then glue the insert back in if you really want to save the arrow. It is toast now so if you have those things give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
              When it comes to accuracy is there such a thing as over thinking? Im probably gonna pass
              I would at least try them. I love the Nocturnals. I agree they aren't what they used to be, but I've never had one fail to work, I'm much more confident about knowing exactly where I hit the deer because that streaking light seems to burn into memory, they are great for filming, and you will find your lost arrow. Also, I know LeonHogBoy uses the chinese knock-offs for much less and has had very good success. I'll be going that route soon.

I keep all of the burned out nocks and put them on my practice arrows so all the arrows I shoot have the same weight and FOC, since they're on all my arrows there is no POI change due to nock.

Comment

Been shooting some nocturnals & at 20 - 30 yards I haven't noticed any difference in my poi.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post

I'll still use them.
                  use a wood screw...screw it in to what is left and pull out with pliers.

Comment

Nockturnals, no difference poi

Comment

I can shoot 100 or 125 grain heads and get same poi out to 50. A lighted nock sure as hek isn't going to have any effect. To be fair I am shooting 74#s with a 29 inch draw.

Yes you can definitely over think accuracy unless you are a very top end shooter. Most people I see shoot suck way to bad to be worried about things like this.

I am using lumenoks and they have sucked so far. 3 shots taken. One performed as it should. However I believe the nocks needed to be sanded down some (outlined in the instructions as a possibility). The fit was just too tight, so the nock was not engaging all of the way. I have sanded them down now so we will see how they do.

Comment

Originally posted by horns07 View Post
                        I shoot my nocturnals every hunt I’m on. Have had zero POI change. I don’t know why you wouldn’t shoot them at elk or anything. They are becoming a tool. The arrow can tell you so much about a shot. A lot of the times without some kind of lighted nock you aren’t going to find your arrow. Especially in the mountains chasing elk or in the sand hills chasing mule deer. Even on video there is a lot to be left to the mind without a lighted nock on your arrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason I don't use Nockturnals on Elk or Muley has more to do with the distance of the shot and size of the animal. They change the arrow flight and POI at longer distances for me. I'm just more worried about hitting where I am aiming at longer distances and as much penetration as possible (changing arrow flight) on larger game at those distances.

Now if they worked like they did before Rage bought them I would do like someone else said and just have them on all my arrows and tune them that way.

I still use some on the closer animals as it is a huge advantage to see where you are hitting. I think I am just done buying them for a while. It seems like every package has one that works, one that doesn't, and one that is glitchy... turns on when you clip it on the string or isn't as bright, etc.

It sounds like some people are still having luck with them. Maybe some batches are better than others that get shipped out I guess.

If you do get them Pink is by far the brightest, followed by Red. I didn't think Green and Blue were that good unless it was in lower light.
                        Last edited by Miller; 10-30-2017, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Thanx for the info fellas, its been a big help. Probably gonna do some more research and try them in the off season. Maybe. Still seems to be a 50/50 proposition.

Comment

Working...
                          X