No announcement yet.

Horse stall advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. He originally had clay, but it got too hard. Ended up having to rent a jack hammer and remove it. We added sand back. Wife has been using these pellets that expand with moisture. We put the pellets on top of that. The other stalls we have in the barn had base material over latex with rubber mats. Our horse will spend a pretty good amount of time in the stalls

Comment

Money..........

Comment

TKK, nice stall

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
          We used screenings. It packs down really well, but still soft enough for the horses and doesn't get muddy. Most everyone around where I am use this for their stalls.
          sorry but not sure what you are referring to on concrete screenings?

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
            Apparently the horses that I have owned over the last 40 years have all been neglected...all they have ever had was dirt......LOL.

-john
            X2

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
              sorry but not sure what you are referring to on concrete screenings?

It's fine pieces of limestone or concrete that's left after they run it thru a crusher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was gonna say clay.

Originally posted by Tye View Post
                Yep. He originally had clay, but it got too hard. Ended up having to rent a jack hammer and remove it. We added sand back. Wife has been using these pellets that expand with moisture. We put the pellets on top of that. The other stalls we have in the barn had base material over latex with rubber mats. Our horse will spend a pretty good amount of time in the stalls
                I bought 12 yds of clay for 2,12'x12' stalls.Added 5 yds of an Oklahoma red sand to each of em.Dug the clay up 8yrs later because it was so hard.I thought we got our moneys worth..Added a little lime,waited a few days,and did it again.

Comment

Working...
                X