Nice size kitty cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice size kitty cat

Picked up an XP50 and killed another bobcat. I’m 2 for 2 over the last 2 weeks. I heard a bunch of coyotes and they seemed to be within 300 yards or so. I guess they didn’t like the sounds I was playing. Seems bobcats are easier to call than yotes, or I’m doing something wrong.
    Attached Files

Real pretty cat

Comment

Good looking cat, congrats.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

WhT sounds ?

Comment

That would look good in the guest house

Comment

So I'll ask, what's an XP 50?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Very good sized cat. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                  So I'll ask, what's an XP 50?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
                  It’s a thermal scope by Pulsar.

I was using a FoxPro switching between Baby cottontail, adult cotton tail, eastern cottontail and cagey cottontail(I think that’s what it’s called). What sounds do y’all use for coyotes? I started with coyote howls then switched to cottontail sounds. I’m still trying to figure this predator hunting out

Comment

Nice cat, good job.

Comment

Nice looking cat!

Comment

Coyotes are way easier. I bet I call in 20 coyotes to 1 cat. Sounds to me like you've got it figured out. You just need a coyote to show up first.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                          Coyotes are way easier. I bet I call in 20 coyotes to 1 cat. Sounds to me like you've got it figured out. You just need a coyote to show up first.
                          agreed. dogs are easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Tye View Post
                            It’s a thermal scope by Pulsar.

I was using a FoxPro switching between Baby cottontail, adult cotton tail, eastern cottontail and cagey cottontail(I think that’s what it’s called). What sounds do y’all use for coyotes? I started with coyote howls then switched to cottontail sounds. I’m still trying to figure this predator hunting out
                            This time of yea at least down here I’m using more coyote vocals than anything. Rabbit sounds will bring in more cats than dogs right now. Last coyote I shot was full of cactus tuna seeds. Don’t get me wrong they’ll eat meat but right now it’s not the main part of their diet. Next time start with a howl wait a few minutes than start a pup distress. Bird sounds and mouse squeaks will work also right now. I look at it like trout fishing in the winter. The trout wants a quick small meal compared to something it has to chase. It’s just reverse on a coyote it’s still hot they don’t wanna haul *** and waste a lot of energy. Message me if you wanna talk coyotes

Comment

Good looking cat. I'd love to get into thermal/predator hunting some day.

I'm sure you've already seen it but if not, there's a great predator hunting thread. I'm not familiar with predator calling so I was quickly overwhelmed with info.

Comment

Working...
                              X