No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Elkaholic. I have some friends that hunted with my guide and shot some toads but he told me 300 and up. I was thinking 325 to 350 if elk movement looks good.

Comment

I just spoke to a friend of mine in Unit 15 NM, he said it was very dry but he also said the antler development is looking good. Hopefully the rain will come soon and the tops will look as good as the bottoms. I will be hunting unit 15 the third season 19-24 this year.

Comment

I hope to see this one in the daylight.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by old killer View Post
          I hope to see this one in the daylight.
          I hope you kill him. Where did you take the pic?

Comment

That looks like a stud!

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

This one showed up about 2 weeks ago. Maybe he will grow a little more?

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                This one showed up about 2 weeks ago. Maybe he will grow a little more?

If he can get the tops to match the bottoms he will be a good looking bull.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                  If he can get the tops to match the bottoms he will be a good looking bull.
                  We shall see.

Comment

Nice pics! It is dry as hail in Ruidoso! Bad! I have been going there since I was a kid and have never seen it so dry.

Comment

Originally posted by ELKAHOLIC View Post
                      Nice pics! It is dry as hail in Ruidoso! Bad! I have been going there since I was a kid and have never seen it so dry.
                      Unit 17 is the same way- I keep looking at the 10 day forecast hoping for rain!

I'm not as enthusiastic about my trip this year- I'll be going by myself, and it just doesn't seem the same without someone else to share the hunt with. Too bad most of my friends don't care about elk hunting at all!

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                        Ouch! but Wahooooo! Got my credit card bill in today. $1200 hit for my rifle Nevada Bull Elk tag in Unit 76 early season. It took thirteen years but it's finally gonna happen. Let the countdown begin. Hopefully the tag will come in the mail any day.
                        Congrats!!! I can't wait to draw my tag in Nevada..got a bunch of points...just holding out for the very best!

Comment

Originally posted by Split Arrow View Post
                          Unit 17 is the same way- I keep looking at the 10 day forecast hoping for rain!

I'm not as enthusiastic about my trip this year- I'll be going by myself, and it just doesn't seem the same without someone else to share the hunt with. Too bad most of my friends don't care about elk hunting at all!
                          We have an awesome group of guys that hunt unit 15 and 16a every year, if you cant get anyone to go with you next year you are welcome to come with us.

Comment

I hope you kill him. Where did you take the pic?
                            He was in the Sangra de Cristo mountains, Carson National Forest.

Comment

We have an awesome group of guys that hunt unit 15 and 16a every year, if you cant get anyone to go with you next year you are welcome to come with us.
                              Thanks for the awesome invite! I may have to take you up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Split Arrow View Post
                                Thanks for the awesome invite! I may have to take you up on it.
                                That sounds like a great plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X