Krivoman blind - scent free?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krivoman blind - scent free?

I've been looking at these blinds for a while now and I'm considering purchasing a couple of them for my place.

Any advice on number of windows?
    Are they scent free with windows shut?
    Any noise issues when opening windows?
    Durability? UV exposure?

I'm looking for help from guys who have had these for a few years.

I have one of the Krivoman blinds but it was just a shell so the windows were put in by an individual. I will tell you this, having one of the Krivo's, 2 mavericks and a tank end blind, they will hold scent in better than anything, will last a lifetimes and even the DYI windows on the Krivo and the ones on the Mavericks are quiet when opening.

Comment

I don’t guess any blind is totally scent free but a Krivoman with the windows and the vent closed is about as close as you can get. There was a long thread a few weeks ago with opinions on 3 windows vs 4. I have not tried leaving the shooting window closed until I draw - worried about the movement spooking deer

Comment

As Jerp said not scent free. Still have to hunt the wind. We have 7 of them on our lease. They are the old style. We bought them I believe about 2008 or 2009.

All except 1 have 3 Bow windows. 1 gun blind for my Dad has 5 windows I believe. We have never had an issue other than the doors can get a little wonky. I believe Mitch has fixed this with the new door design. The windows are quiet and don't leak. No issues at all with UV deterioration. The stand will last longer than I will.

Comment

Get 4 windows...depending on where you place the blind.

Also be sure to silicone all around the window frames and door frames if you have it on a platform. It doesn't matter if you have it on the ground, but on a platform, the water will run down the blind/window frame and drip onto the floor, building up a pretty good pool of water to rot your base and your carpeting.

I have had no worries about the scent. I cut a rectangular hole in the bottom near the front, placed a floor vent with a screen to keep the wasps out and substantially enlarged the vent in the top to get better circulation to stop sweating and keep air moving when hot. A battery fan works wonders during early season!
          Last edited by Burnadell; 02-18-2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

4 windows are a must. They are not "scent free". Obviously keeping the windows closed will help contain your scent in most blinds. Get a vent in it or you will have some moisture issues. Krivoman is a sponsor here and can answer your question/ concerns. It's a high quality blind that should last for many years.

Comment

There no such think of scent free.

Comment

I guess scent free is a strong term. I meant, can you get away with an occasional deer getting down wind of it if you close the windows?

I know you can't just ignore the wind direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksbowhunter View Post
                  I guess scent free is a strong term. I meant, can you get away with an occasional deer getting down wind of it if you close the windows?

I know you can't just ignore the wind direction.
                  Once I get settled in I use a puffer or a little tuft of cotton to see where the currents are pushing air out of the blind - that’s where I mount the Ozonics

Comment

If you primarily hunt alone and have a limited range of view for your desired spot, 3 windows are sufficient and effective. If not, definitely spend the $ on the 4th and as others have said, get the vent too. Great blinds, they have yielded me some awesome hunts as well as my biggest bow buck.

Comment

Just a follow up. Purchased 2 Kriovmans last season. Add in an ozonics and the results are incredible. I harvested my biggest bow buck to date. I was able to get away with a lot of marginal wind hunting.

Comment

Had mine a few years now and they may not be “scent free” but I’ve had bucks come in from down wind and not spook.
                        Windows are fairly quiet but I always have one open.

Comment

I love the size and comfort.
                          During rainy or cold weather, no doubt where I want to hang out.
                          I put 2 bow windows and three gun windows on one 1/2 of the blind
                          Other side backs up to a afternoon shade tree
                          BP.

Comment

Scent free? Potentially not but as close as I’ve come. I killed two mature bucks directly downwind this past season with the krivoman blinds and ozonics. Search my threads labeled pimp my krivoman, mason buck down part 1, and mason giant part two. You can truly beat the wind in a krivoman when it’s done the right way.

Comment

Great blinds and I highly recommend them, but I won’t say they are scent free.

Comment

Working...
                              X