Vacuum/Pressure Alarm System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum/Pressure Alarm System

Anyone on the GS have any information regarding an alarm system to install in our shop that would alert us after hours to a loss of vacuum? We are trying to get our new composite shop planned out and a concern we need to address is loss of vacuum inside our curing ovens if we have a cycle running after hours.

If we lose vacuum for too long during a cure cycle we could potentially have to scrap $15k-$20k worth of materials. We had a system when I was at General Dynamics but it was all in place before my time and I don't know any of the details behind it. If vacuum dropped below a certain level the alarm would make a phone call to key individuals to alert them.

Stop by or call your AirGas dealer and ask I know they have alarms for medical not sure if they would work for your business.

Comment

Rosemount Pressure Differential Transmitter or SOR Pressure switches

Comment

May could use a Dwyer Photohelic gauge.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by berettadave; 11-16-2017, 01:48 PM.

Comment

It is pretty simple to set up a switch, but the system to call someone in an event may be the issue. I have set customers up with systems from Sensaphone, which can take inputs from temperature sensors, and digital inputs (contacts, or switches). You could probably get a pressure / vacuum transducer to work also. They can be set up to page, email, and call a phone. You can also go online and look at inputs to verify, as the can be set up in your network.

Comment

You can look into omega engineering. Very reliable switches/sensors. You can monitor one single switch on a 12v dc system with a horn and strobe light. Wouldn’t cost much to put the system together and it would be on a battery backup style system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                It is pretty simple to set up a switch, but the system to call someone in an event may be the issue. I have set customers up with systems from Sensaphone, which can take inputs from temperature sensors, and digital inputs (contacts, or switches). You could probably get a pressure / vacuum transducer to work also. They can be set up to page, email, and call a phone. You can also go online and look at inputs to verify, as the can be set up in your network.
                X2, this is what I would suggest. If you have a contact closure telling you there is a problem the Sensaphone can call out to you.

You can go old school dial out.

Temperature monitoring systems/auto dialer for small businesses and vacation properties; Alarms and alerts with basic phone notification.

Or email/text version.

Remote monitoring system and data logger uses a standard Internet connection alert you to equipment issues and environmental conditions like high temperature.

Looks like you can get them off of Amazon too.

Comment

Working...
                X