Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H10 and H9 have been hunted real hard

Comment

Hopfully the deer Gods will smile down on me and quench the thirst for my new bow now shooting the Parker Hornet and love it.

Comment

No Grizz I Havent Yet Hope To Get One Soon HOW BOUT YOU

Comment

Not yet. I'm waiting for the rut. I want the does there to bring in the bucks. I saw some nice bucks in March when I was scouting. So far since Sept 30 only 3 small bucks and a bunch of does. From what I'm reading that opening day 8 point is starting to look like a shooter if I don't see some sign of a bigun out there. I'm taking a break and going to Padre Island this weekend and the following week I'll be rotating thru my spots and hunting hard for 2+weeks. Work cancelled my trip to Virginia so I'll be staying in Texas this year.

I can't believe how knarly Bosque County land is. I was out this weekend busting brush and logging some spots on my GPS. Whitney is WAYYY LOW. I found some good fishing ledges when the water comes backup and some acorns. I wanted to get some Bosque spots for when I tag a buck in Hill County. Now if I was hunting rattlesnakes I'd be tagged out. **** things were buzzing me all day long. Crossed a 6fter in chest high grass walking thru a field give me a go. Lucky it was daylight when we crossed paths.

Comment

Yea There Pretty Bad The Snakes Havent Seen Any Latley But That Dosent Mean There Not There That Sucks About Your Vacation I Know You Were Looking Forward To Going From Previous Posts Hopefully Youll Get One In The Rut But Hopefully Not One Bigger Than Me (lol) Na Just Kiddin Good Luck And We'll See At The End Of The Year

Comment

My best to "all yall" this season. May you aim small, shoot straight, and all your hunting dreams come true.

Comment

Hey TG, don't you have a Bosque Co buck tag left. You got your doe and the double...that leaves you another buck don't it!

BTW, was that buck the one on the game cam still in velvet?

Congrats on the triple harvest to date

Comment

Hi Grizz. I've got two more buck tags left, one for Hill and one for Bosque, or two for Bosque, or one for Wise and one for Bosque or Hill, or 2 antlerless pending where I go, like going down south. Just depends on where I go.

Thats one buck and 2 does this season on two different projects/programs, in two different counties.

And yes the buck on the cam was in velvet.
                  Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-30-2006, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Congrats Once Again On The Accomplishment Man Your Makin Me Really Ich For One Now Litteraly And By The Way Its Finnnnnalllyyy Going Away Finnally Lol

Comment

LOL Brian, I know a place ya can sit. Just don't touch the vegitation or the leaves on the ground. LOL

Serioulsy, I hope ya get over it pretty quick. I know what it's like.

Comment

Well Starting Tommorrow Ill Be Off For Two Weeks And Hopefully Will Make Something Happen Gonna Hunt Hard And Long Anybody Gonna Be Off And Down There In The Next Couple Of Weeks Let Me Know And Maybe We Can Have Lunch Or Swap Stories Good Luck To All You Guys

Comment

No sign of rut

Spike are with the does. Does show no sign of interest and spikes/bucks still calm. I did see some signs of agression rubbing. My guess is another 10 days at least.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	spike.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	23816121

Name:	doe2.jpg
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	23816122

Name:	doe.jpg
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	23816123

Name:	doespike.jpg
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	23816124

Had fun with the camera. Took some shooting shots for my son so he could know what to look for. Head down, quartering away, open shot at the vitals. He's not seeing em, they are blowing and running. He's still adjusting to sitting still.

I know there is a big one in there, just not showing himself yet. Dang..I'm not used to this late of a rut. Those does almost ate an arrow

Comment

B, hope you get one.

Comment

I've been seeing some bucks but so far just smaller ones. Hopefully it won't be to long and they'll start showing themselves behind these does.

Comment

What the hell was with all the people there this weekend, I saw four parking lots packed with trucks parked down the street. I haven't hunted corp land during gun opener weekend in a couple of years, and in the past its usually been empty, everyone usually goes to there lease. This weekend was the most crowded I have ever seen the place just ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X