Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Official" SHNF 14-15

OK guys, let 'er rip!!!

Post up what you're trying this year. Post up your encounters.

Do not post your hunting locations, street names etc.
    Do not post up pictures of deer killed on other properties, unless you put a disclaimer on it. Too many people are thinking every picture posted is from the Sam.

Let's all have fun and start making plans to meet up for lunch opening day.

Ready, set,

GO!!!!!

In like Flynn!!!

Comment

I will be public land only this year!! Looking forward to the season

Comment

Heck yeah! Time to get this new season started!
        Unfortunately I haven't made it into the woods yet, for some pre season scouting. Been busy as heck lately. I really want to get out there to look at some of my hunting spots though, the Forest Service has done some burning a couple of months back.

Comment

It's here. Cool. Can't wait to camp back by my hunting spot. Jk

Comment

Let me know if someone needs a scouting buddy one weekend

Comment

Cant wait for this season. Going to start running cameras and start scouting within a week or two. I had two really good bucks and one decent buck on camera in a spot i found late in the season and wasent able to hunt. So thats where i was planing on starting. I think is going to be a great year and good luck to everybody.

Comment

We don't use cameras, box blinds, or feeders.

112 days until my Colorado elk season opens.

I'll be there 7 days earlier for prep.

Praying the rain falls steady all summer.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                  It's here. Cool. Can't wait to camp back by my hunting spot. Jk
                  That's not funny

Glad to be getting this thing started. Let the fun begin!

Comment

^^^

Yeah I turned red in the face the first time I read it also...

then I saw the JK!

Comment

I've already located my bachelor group of bucks, and a couple are looking great. Just wish I knew where they went once the season started.

If they keep this pattern, I think I can get someone in my group on one.

I have a couple other spots I want to scout this season, some by boat. I'm thinking this might help get me in deeper than others can hike.

Time to get boots on the ground.

On a more serious note, since we believe a decision was made on the dispersed camping, we as bow hunters have neglected another decision.

Where do we want another archery only section?

The bike trail in the archery only section off I45 is going to be tough to hunt. We need to think about another section. Let's get some ideas going and then let's approach TPWD and see if we can get it. Worst thing that can happen is they say no.

I have one idea, but want to hear your ideas first. I'm sure any section we ask for will need to be a smaller piece, so keep that in mind. Plus it will need to have clearly defined boundaries. So let's hear what y'all think.

Comment

Sorry, I was just messing, did not want to poss any one off. A new archery only seems in order, but for now back to hunting.

The group of folks at the Sam are top notch

I really hope this is the year I can draw some blood

Comment

I will be out there in December with my Son and my Wife. We will be doing a 4 day trip with all of us in a pop-up blind. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Bump to Huntinfool.

Will be attempting to take first deer with bow this year. Hope to get multiple deer this year.

Hope to get my son (15) to take his first deer.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerRick2012 View Post
                              Bump to Huntinfool.

Will be attempting to take first deer with bow this year. Hope to get multiple deer this year.

Hope to get my son (15) to take his first deer.
                              Good luck to y'all guys. I got my first 2 deer from the forest this past season. I'm thinking of a possible scouting trip on monday

Comment

Working...
                              X