No announcement yet.

Aransas Refuge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was driving past Aransas this weekend and saw no less than 5 hogs dead on the side of the road, hit by cars at night. The place crawls with swine.

Comment

Attention don't freak out when you get your application papers. They some how sent out the information about the rifle hunts but the title says Archery hunt. I called and they have made a mistake. THe hunt dates are the dates posted earlier. The application is correct as far as applying for the hunt. Again I will post information as I get it. On a side note I think it could be REALLY HOT during the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead2314 View Post
        On a side note I think it could be REALLY HOT during the hunt.
        I second that, better start drinking lots of water now! Don't forget about the mosquitoes too

Comment

Hey guys , Hows the mosquitoes? I remember the first time I went was back 1978 right after a tropical storm and they would get around you like fogg. The hogs were every where and I missed my trophy monster buck of a lifetime. Its was the best hunting trip I have ever been on, saw more huge bucks and hoggs in one place. I would like to revisit the honey holes again. I still have the map with all the points. Hogg city, monster buck square, I hope it hasn't change much.

Comment

I'm new here....is this hunt different from the draw hunts...is it to late to get in on it.

Comment

Chicote,
              Mosquitoes are still the same.
              Mossman500,
              Call the number that Thumper left above. Talk to Chris he will let you know. Also PM Bonehead (Danny) to see if they are having the bowhunter education class again this year. If you haven't been it is worth the time and money.

Comment

Yes, the IBEP class will be held on Sept. 20 and 21. They will send out the information about the class with your permit. The class will have 24 seats. I will post more about the class soon.

Comment

Thanks Danny. I knew you would come thru.
                  Tommy

Comment

Thanks, I'd love to get in on the class.

Brian

Comment

So let me get this straight, anyone who wants to sign up can go and its free?

Comment

$60.00 for the permit and a 9 day(?) hunt. Danny will chime in . Last year was my first year down there.

Comment

Hunters You Can Earn Bonus Scouting Time:...How???

As a permitted hunter be enrolled and attend the ANWR hosted I.B.E.P. Class or have already completed and passed the I.B.E.P. course. Hunters will be allowed to enter the hunt area for scouting and stand placement on September 20th & 21st from 3:00pm to 7:00pm. To gain early access to the hunt area each hunter just has to show their I.B.E.P. Card, Aransas 2008 Archery Permit, and Government issued Photo I.D. to the Refuge Law Enforcement Officers.

ANWR will be hosting a two day I.B.E.P. class on September 20th from 7:30am-2:00pm & September 21st from 8:00am-2:00pm. THIS IS A TWO DAY CLASS AND STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND BOTH DAYS. To enroll and r.s.v.p. for one of the 24 spots in the class you must register by calling one of the course instructors, Chris 832-888-4798 or Danny 361-222-1152.

There is a $15.00 registration fee for the two day class and each hunter will have to bring their own lunch as only drinks and snacks are available at the visitors center. Dress comfortable for outdoor activities and current weather conditions, boots are recommended.

Enrolling and completing the I.B.E.P. Class at the Refuge is a great way to learn the ins-outs of hunting the Refuge. The I.B.E.P. course is accepted in all fifty states and fifteen foreign countries and never expires. This course will cover the fundamentals of bowhunter ethics and responsibilities, basic equipment knowledge and hunter safety. Along with hunting techniques, anatomy, shot placement, blood trailing, survival, and basic first aid.

Comment

Fightinaggies, Over 40 years! This is the longest running archery hunt in the state where you just have to sign up for the hunt. Its more difficult than just showing up to hunt like we used to do but none the less if you take the time to sign up you will be given a hunting permit.

Here's a link to a picture of the applicastion form, just print it as a picture. Maybe someone can make a better copy and move it over to this page.

This year's dates are out for the Public Archery Hunt on the Aransas National Wildlife Refuge. The h
                            Last edited by Thumper; 07-26-2008, 10:03 AM.

Comment

hunt

Originally posted by Trophy7 View Post
                              Its just around the corner again....I'm already pumped up and ready to go again! When do you send out the permits? July?
                              tell me more about hunt

Comment

Do a search about Aransas there is a lot of stories and information. Hope to see ya there.

Comment

Working...
                                X