No announcement yet.

Photo Assignment "ABSTRACT": Post photos here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to you Jason. Never guessed the slushie. Thought it was smoking charcoal and some wierd colors.

My shot was the inside of a scaffold tube.

Comment

There was nothing special to my shot. I was just sitting here drinking it and when I tilted it up thought it looked cool so I took a pic of it. LMAO

Comment

Convert, I wondered what yours was. That is pretty neat.

Casey, I thought yours was the lake with the 400mm. I really like the tight frame of just the waves, and the tilt just makes it cool.

Mine was some plant in M.C.'s flower bed at the front porch. Set camera to max contrast, sharpness and saturation, set a slow shutter speed and small aperture (left slightly underexposed, according to the meter), and then twisted the camera a little while the shutter was open - handheld. Just trying to paint with the colors.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
          Crap.. will post in a sec
          I burst out laughing at this one, Kevin!...

...I'm sorry, I'm still laughing!!!

..ah man. I am cracking up! "Crap..will post in a sec"

What was the problemo?

There are some excellent pics on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
            Man it was was hard to decide which one to run with...

No, its not photoshop, i will post how i did it later

Click here for large pic

Kevin
            Okay, I quit laughing at the "Crap..will post in a sec".

Now, that is an excellent pic and intriguing! Good job.

Comment

Doncom,

LOL was trying to get the flickr link to work as I hadn't done that before.

Jason, I think your picture was exactly what fit the description of "Abstract" according to the photo world. It caught my eye each time I scrolled. Lots of great pics in this one, looks like we are all improving and learning and thats what counts!

Comment

Nice job Jason, guys and girls. Tmag, no fair using your proctologist's lab pictures!

Comment

My shot was of smoke from a kitchen match. I set up a black background and side lit it with my flash, fired with pocket wizards. Oh, and I put a red filter over my flash head to turn the smoke red.

At first, I was grumbling at the thought of abstract but, I have been wanting to try this and this assignment was just the ticket to motivate me. I had so much fun trying to do it, I am going to do some more to see what I can come up with. Ended up being a fun assignment.

Comment

There are some really great photo's and I enjoy looking at all of them!

Mine is some small rocks I picked up while hiking on the Lewis and Clark river in Montana several years ago. When I got them home I stacked them up and glued them together. The stack is only 6 inches tall and normally sit in my kitchen windowsill.

I put the rocks on the pea gravel deck by my pool, wet everything to help bring out the colors and took the photo. I used the auto setting on my Canon Power Shot S3 point & shoot....

Comment

while playing around in the park to get this silly shot

I took a shot of one of the trees.

You guys are putting a lot of thought into your images and I really appreciate that. I need to take this thing more seriously if I'm going to compete rather than just participate!

Comment

I enjoyed the pixels from everyone!

I had several ideas dealing with light & darkness but never found the time to do the work involved to pull it off. So I simply leaned on things I stumbled onto, shooting along the way, till I had several themes to choose from.

A black lab swimming in a pool was my selection.

Comment

Working...
                        X