Any Physical Therapists here??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Physical Therapists here??

Good morning everyone! Happy to share that I have been accepted to PT school and begin this coming August in Conway, Arkansas. Really excited to start this new chapter in my life and looking forward to my career. Curious to see if anyone here is a physical therapist and if so where do work? Hospital, own clinic, etc. Also what kind of therapy do you enjoy? How is the job market looking as well? Any information and comments is much appreciated!! Feel free to PM me. -- Zach Hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats

Comment

Do it. Get a job anywhere. Inpatient, outpatient, acute care, try them all to see what you like best. You will pretty well be able to take your pick.

Comment

My wife is an OT and you will certainly have no problem starting a career when your done.
        She has worked for several clinics specializing in pediatrics and loved it.
        Like mentioned already, try several different options to see what fits you best and be ready for a lot of calls from recruiters

Comment

Congratulations! !! My niece is waiting to get in also. I had no idea it was so hard to get into a PT program.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

My youngest daughter is about to graduate in April. Yeah for me!

Her last clinical was with a PT Clinic 2 miles from our house. Turns out they liked her and made her a job offer. She just accepted and will start in May. She will be working with kids most all the time and that is what she wanted.

The best advice I can give you is to remember with each clinical you go to, you are on a job interview. Do not get caught up in the "I'm paying to be here, instead of them paying me" crowd. Her clinical before this one, they also offered her a job.

One other thing, she meet recently with the group she is graduating with in April. Do not assume the highest paying jobs are in the biggest cities.

Comment

Great, thank you for the recommendations! I am glad to hear the job market is very solid, from everyone I talk to that seems to be the trend going forward. PT school is VERY competitive to get into so I am thrilled and blessed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Worley View Post
                My youngest daughter is about to graduate in April. Yeah for me!

Her last clinical was with a PT Clinic 2 miles from our house. Turns out they liked her and made her a job offer. She just accepted and will start in May. She will be working with kids most all the time and that is what she wanted.

The best advice I can give you is to remember with each clinical you go to, you are on a job interview. Do not get caught up in the "I'm paying to be here, instead of them paying me" crowd. Her clinical before this one, they also offered her a job.

One other thing, she meet recently with the group she is graduating with in April. Do not assume the highest paying jobs are in the biggest cities.

That is awesome for you and your daughter! What is a typical starting salary offer currently and where do you live?

Comment

Bump

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by hunt3469 View Post
                      That is awesome for you and your daughter! What is a typical starting salary offer currently and where do you live?

i will pm u

Comment

Ironically. ......I started my PT today!!! Gotta get these knees better in time for New Zealand mountain hunt. Europe mountains killed my knees 3 weeks,ago. )-;

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

One of my best buddies graduated from PT school a few years ago. He has had absolutely no problem finding work, there are enough jobs out there that he has been able to be picky with where he wants to end up.

Comment

Congrats!! Been a PT for 20 years. My daughter and son-in law are both PT’s and my other daughter is a PTA. Haven’t had to look for a job since I got out of school. I’ve been in home health for 15 years and we now own a home health agency.

Comment

I do PT at a hospital. Graduated about 5 years ago so not to long. Best advice is keep an open mind to all areas as you will mostly likely change your mind. I wanted orthopedic but did my acute rotation and loved it.

Also, try to make your last rotation one that could lead to a job offer after school. I suggest studying for the board rather than working and studying on a temporary license. Better to pass the first time then wait for the next test date.

Lastly, would will see differences between textbook and clinical applications, hands on experience over time teaches you things a book cannot. Remember the Board is about what is written in the BOOKS. That was probably the best advice a teacher gave us going into our first rotation and then again sitting for the boards.

Good luck on your journey.

Comment

Working...
                              X