Photo Idiot!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo Idiot!!

What would be a good entry level camera (body/lens) combo?

Price
    User friendly
    quality

I would really like to start taking better photos of the kiddos and when I am in the field.

No better place to get good info than the TBH crowd...

Canon makes some excellent point and shoot cameras.

Sony and Olympus have some excellent point and shoots as well.

Kodak also has some decent cameras using Carl Zeiss & Schneider-Kreuznach glass lenses. Kodak realized once the film craze slowed down, they had to change their game. From a DSLR stand-point, they have stayed away from the game but from a point and shoot crowd using their EasyShare platform, some great quality at decent pricing. Glass on point and shoots is as important as it is in the DSLR arena.

Focus on quality optics and shop around. Easy of use for the entire family new to digital photography lights the spark!

Comment

Go with a canon rebel so you can grow into it as you go.

Comment

What about an entry level SLR????

Comment

I did lots of looking and settled on the Nikon D40 with 18-55mm lens. Very reasonably priced.

Wish mine would get here soon!!!!
          Last edited by texag93; 05-02-2008, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Best bets are either the Nikon D40 or the Canon Rebel (XT, XTi, or new XSi). Either will do everything you want to do and then some, at this point. And there are TONS of lens options for both Nikon and Canon.

If you have a buddy that already has a DLSR, consider getting the same brand as his/hers. If your buddy is willing to let you borrow a lens every now and then, it would be very nice if you had a body that his lens would work with.

If that's not an option, then get the Canon. (Just kidding, all you Nikonians!)

Comment

B&H Photo was running a special on the Nikon D40 when I bought mine. 2 lenses and body for a good price. You should check it out.

Comment

Thanks for the info..

Comment

Working...
                X