Any one DIY stipple?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one DIY stipple?

Been thinking about stippling my Gen 4 Glock and removing the finger groves. Anyone on here don their own? Would love to see any tips, comments, suggestions you all have as well as pics of your work.

i did 2 of my own. its actually much easier than i expected. just very tedious. i got the kit from oregon trail defense. the waffle tip really speeds up the process. one tip i can share is to make sure youve got a fan right by your work to blow the fumes. the melted plastic really stinks and it cant be good to breathe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
      i did 2 of my own. its actually much easier than i expected. just very tedious. i got the kit from oregon trail defense. the waffle tip really speeds up the process. one tip i can share is to make sure youve got a fan right by your work to blow the fumes. the melted plastic really stinks and it cant be good to breathe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I need to check into this kit

Comment

I have stippled 2 and undercut two. Its not that hard.

I practiced on sons air soft guns and the backstraps from a gen 4. I recommenced doing the back strap you dont use last. Use a toy to get your lines down then the back strap. The back strap has a different melt rate. I dont recommended stippling the beavertail portion either. It may look cool but 2 or 300 hundred rounds in single day on the range and the web of your thumb will hate you

This was my first

Last edited by Quackerbox; 07-13-2017, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Practice on cheap stock AR grips. You can perfect your style before ruining a gun.

Comment

Haven't done any myself but from what I've heard try to get your border lines really clean and get it sanded all smooth as you can get it before starting your stipple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did a double undercut on my old g35. I used a round wood rasp for the majority of the work and some fine grit sandpaper to smooth it up. I personally would recommend just adding some grip tape instead of stippling. You can get a big sheet of it at lowes for $6,and replace it when it gets funky.

Comment

Glock 21 Gen 4

Comment

Originally posted by Medina19 View Post
                  Glock 21 Gen 4

Now that looks sharp!

Comment

Self stippled, tried to make everything fan out from 1 point on the back. Removed finger humps, removed rear hump, and undercut trigger guard. My advice would be to keep a consistent angle with your tip when melting. It will be noticable when finished if you didnt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X