Ford Death Wobble & Warranty - Frustrating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
    Every time I hear of a mysterious nock I’m reminded of the body mounts on my 2011 failing bad at ~90k miles.

It’s free to check, might be worth a look. When they are bad the odd clunks are hard to track down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ford bushing problem 99% failure rate after a couple of years
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 07-10-2020, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Death wobble fixed on my F250 so far. They put a gas stabilizer on it about 3 months ago and not a problem since. I actually had 4 incidents while driving and it’ll make your butt pucker. It’s a 2019 model. Since they switch the air to gas stabilizer not a problem here.

Comment

It's an inherent design flaw that FOMOCO refuses to address and fix. Caused by too steep of caster angle. The purpose of the steep bad angle is to shorten the turn radius to keep up with competition's turning radius I suppose. There are aftermarket parts available that will allow caster angle adjustment. Fancy shocks are not needed when caster is properly adjusted. Of course the turn radius will be bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
          It's an inherent design flaw that FOMOCO refuses to address and fix. Caused by too steep of caster angle. The purpose of the steep bad angle is to shorten the turn radius to keep up with competition's turning radius I suppose. There are aftermarket parts available that will allow caster angle adjustment. Fancy shocks are not needed when caster is properly adjusted. Of course the turn radius will be bigger.

Yep and it’s further aggravated by some of the leveling kits that actually reduce castor

Comment

Bringing this back.

Had it happen to me for the 1st time today. Driving 75mph with my wife and child when we hit a bump causing the front end and steering wheel to go ape shatttt. Scared the crap out of us to be honest. Took it in to the dealer this afternoon since my wife primarily drives the truck and she’s to scared of it happening again.

It’s a 2019 f250 with the power stoke. All stock and about 25k on it. I’m a ford guy but for this be such a common issue is an absolute joke. A 70 thousand dollar truck shouldn’t do that. I’m surprised there’s not any huge lawsuits against ford from someone being killed.

Comment

I've heard this so many times..I've got a 2016 4x4 four door with 93k on it.Stock,with stock rims.Full mud grip 35" tires since 30k..I've run some crummy highway's at 90mph,for a long time.Hit bump's,pothole's etc..How does this happen to some,but not all;is my question? It's never been heavy loaded(not that it makes any difference I suppose)They're all made from the same parts,I assume.Has anyone ever been given an explanation?
              Mine drives,steers,and handles like it did when it was brand new..I know it's real,cuz so many on here,have had it happen.The worst thing that's ever happened to me,is the azz end gettin loose when you hit a studder bump! Lol

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                Bringing this back.

Had it happen to me for the 1st time today. Driving 75mph with my wife and child when we hit a bump causing the front end and steering wheel to go ape shatttt. Scared the crap out of us to be honest. Took it in to the dealer this afternoon since my wife primarily drives the truck and she’s to scared of it happening again.

It’s a 2019 f250 with the power stoke. All stock and about 25k on it. I’m a ford guy but for this be such a common issue is an absolute joke. A 70 thousand dollar truck shouldn’t do that. I’m surprised there’s not any huge lawsuits against ford from someone being killed.
                I had same issue with my wife in the truck! It scared her so severely, we traded in the F350 for a Chevy after she was retelling the story at work and other people were chiming in about ford SD having that chronic problem, she flat out refused to drive or ride in the truck afterward
                P.S
                Don’t get frustrated when Ford service writers treat you like you are insane
                And denies any issues or tells you they couldn’t get the truck to replicate the issue
                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 09-14-2020, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Common issue unfortunately.. the solve? PMF drag link bar, PMF caster spacers, dual steering stabilizer kit. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                    I had same issue with my wife in the truck! It scared her so severely, we traded in the F350 for a Chevy after she was retelling the story at work and other people were chiming in about ford SD having that chronic problem, she flat out refused to drive or ride in the truck afterward
                    P.S
                    Don’t get frustrated when Ford service writers treat you like you are insane
                    And denies any issues or tells you they couldn’t get the truck to replicate the issue
                    There is no denying it any more. It is now a service advisory offering an additional coverage in case this happens.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                      I've heard this so many times..I've got a 2016 4x4 four door with 93k on it.Stock,with stock rims.Full mud grip 35" tires since 30k..I've run some crummy highway's at 90mph,for a long time.Hit bump's,pothole's etc..How does this happen to some,but not all;is my question? It's never been heavy loaded(not that it makes any difference I suppose)They're all made from the same parts,I assume.Has anyone ever been given an explanation?
                      Mine drives,steers,and handles like it did when it was brand new..I know it's real,cuz so many on here,have had it happen.The worst thing that's ever happened to me,is the azz end gettin loose when you hit a studder bump! Lol

Was 2016 in the problem years for this? My 2018 did it at about 40k miles and its no joke. Have to slam on the brakes to get it to stop. Grabbing the wheel dont work.

Bad thing is, my steering feels wonky again at 56k miles and I feel like im about to have this issue again. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My brother had this happen to him last week on a 2019 F350 with 44k miles. Almost caused a wreck.

Comment

Any solid front axle vehicle is susceptible to Da Wobble. It’s been happening for decades.

Comment

Had mine do it had a couple of months ago at 19,000 miles. Took it in and the dealership had it back to me that same evening. Now have 31,000 miles and the truck hasn’t offered to do it since. I drive over the same rough spot everyday that caused it and so far so good. Mine is a 2019 F250 FX4.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post

This is what I heard of a shop that said they fix a lot of DW for Fords and Dodges. They said they went to a dealership and measured the angle of caster in the brand new trucks and it varied several degrees, some acceptable and some not. This would support the idea that caster is the issue and would explain why some do and some don't have it and why it is more common for guys with leveling kits. I got it in my truck but ever since I got the BD Diesel adjustable tracbar I havent had an issue since and that was over 100k ago.

Comment

A shame really that you spend $70k for a new top of the line truck and then have to spend another $3k to have it fixed where it is even safe to drive. My friend has the 2018 F250 6.7 and the dealer has given him the run around 3 times now and it still is not fixed even after doing the stabilizer so called fix. He is afraid to even pull his boat with it. He is now taking it to an independent shop to have adjustable caster mechanisms installed and some other sort of steering stabilzers. He described the shake as feeling like the front wheels were about to tear off the truck and the whole truck shook so violently he thought he was going to roll it at 65 mph.

Comment

Working...
                                X