I jumped on the Savage Axis bandwagon. Cheap Academy rifle on sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I jumped on the Savage Axis bandwagon. Cheap Academy rifle on sale

So I know about the Walmart gun sale that I missed...but Academy has Savage Axis rifles for $329 with a $50 mail in rebate. I thought I’d get one for the heck of it even if it’s a safe queen.

Ended up getting the Axis II in 6.5 Creedmore. Can’t wait to shoot it. I know it’s a cheap rifle but everybody I’ve spoken to really enjoys shooting it.

I did end up also getting the rifle I was really looking for- Rem Xbolt .270 Hells Canyon Speed. Still in the box and need to shop for optics. I’ll get a pic when I can.

I told my wife I’m good for awhile haha. But I’m thinking next spring may be time to get a .300 Win Mag. Considering a matching Xbolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All my hunting rifles are Savage. They are the most accurate out of the box. I have a .300WSM, a .270, and my son's .243.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't go wrong with Savage for the price.

Comment

I have two Savage axis (308 and 223). I view them the same way as I view my work jeans or a work truck. They get the job done and I'm not worried if they get a little beat up. Both are very accurate. Plus, the price has been right for both of them.

Comment

Only bolt rifles I own are savage. They are all great shooters from .338 win mag to my .223. I will say I have no experience with the axis series and probably never will but that’s just my personal preference. My experience with savage would say that they would still be great shooters.

Comment

nice! Let us know how it shoots.

Comment

I put a trigger kit on mine .. 223 Rem and it's one of the best shooters I got ..

Comment

I bought this same rifle last year, same deal, 6.5 Creedmo! Didn't need it but saw the price and it's now in my safe. Shoots smooth and accurate. Just left Academy with mo ammo for it, 105 gr. For now, predators. Weaver scope.

Comment

Can't go wrong with an ugly old Savage. 10 things most people don't know about Savage Arms. https://www.americanhunter.org/artic...t-savage-arms/

There is one guy at Savage Arms that is a 3rd generation barrel straightener. I've seen a video of him doing his thing to a barrel. Amazing the accuracy they can get from a nekkid eye hand straightened barrel.

Comment

Im looking for a bolt 223, may have to consider a savage like this

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice looking rifle

Comment

Perfect first kid rifle too

Comment

Very good rifles, enjoy!

Comment

Very nice, might have to copy you.

Comment

Live life and not look back. Confession: I can not do that this time and whining. I hesistated on the Savage 308 for a stupid low price at Walmart. Of course it went before I went back to buy it. Regrets but someone has a heck of a rifle for less than half real value price. Good guns and glad folks made some awesome deals.

Comment

Working...
                              X