A little road work.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little road work.....

Some of my secondary roads on my Rusk Co. property were looking more like tunnels than roads, so seeing as how it's still cool in the mornings, and the dirt is still damp, I decided to do a little road R&R.

This is what they were looking like.
    Attached Files

I used my dozer to clean out about a half blade wide on the sides that were straight, and cleaned a blade wide in the curves (depending on which side needed it) to straighten the road somewhat.This road is about 600' long, and I lack about 200' getting it cleared. Dirt work is partially done, but I have to "massage" it a little more to cover up most of the roots.
    Attached Files

Comment

This is a different road that I cleared last week. This morning I built the water breaks and completed the grading. Nothing special, just tired of limbs smacking my ears and eating spider webs when we hog hunt at night.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Sure looks better.
          I am buying a battery pole saw today
          Those road side limbs usually get attacked with corona limb loppers, but always a little out of my reach.
          I can't tear up that much ground. Even with rocks and iron ore it continues to erode with all the great rain we had this summer

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
            Sure looks better.
            I am buying a battery pole saw today
            Those road side limbs usually get attacked with corona limb loppers, but always a little out of my reach.
            I can't tear up that much ground. Even with rocks and iron ore it continues to erode with all the great rain we had this summer
            I hope we don't get a flood until I traffic on it a little more. The last pic is going downhill quite a bit and I had a little washing at the bottom. I rebuilt the last berm and added another, so maybe.........

Comment

Working...
            X