Bird ID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bird ID?

My wife has been telling me about a pair of birds that have been raising cane around a certain feeder. She said are very noisy and agrressive, that they have a deep blue head and a green body.

I was checking game cams and came across a pic of this species of bird in action. It's not quite in focus but its like she described.

Anyone know what they are? I don't think they are native but I could be wrong.

Green jay

Comment

Green jay

Comment

It's a Green Jay, I've only seen them in South Texas. Just one of the unique beauties found in that region of the state.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Green Jay!

Used to see them all the time when I had my lease in Tilden. They are native to south Tx.

Bisch

Comment

Yep green jay. We have tons of them at our place in Karnes county. They are pretty birds but makes tons of noise and are aggressive.

Comment

I saw one in STX when I was quail hunting. Beautiful. I watched one for about 15 minutes just because.

Comment

Saw some in Cotulla area around Sept

Comment

Green jay....cool looking birds

Comment

Ok, thanks a bunch guys. Never heard of a Green Jay or seen them in my 50 sum years.

Glad to have learned something today!

Comment

Green jays, vermillion flycatchers, and painted buntings---the three most colorful birds in S. Tx.

Comment

Crazy. Having been born and raised in South Texas, never even crossed my mind that people wouldn't know what a green jay is. Never really thought about them only being down south.

Comment

Noisy suckers.

Blue jays are also.

Comment

I was amazed the first time I saw one, very pretty, very aggressive, and after watching awhile I discovered they are the most bada-- non-raptor in the south Texas brush.

Comment

Green Jay AKA Corn Thief!

Comment

Working...
                              X