Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caddo National Grassland Thread--Do we have one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caddo National Grassland Thread--Do we have one?

Looking for guys who have some input and maybe want to scout. Thanks

Sweet...no one hunts out here

Comment

I might be able to point you in the right direction. Send me a PM with your questions.

Comment

never hunted out there but have always wanted to make my way up there to scout and check it out. Heard that place is loaded full of pigs.

Comment

Funny this should be the first thread I see when I logged on. I was looking through one of my Public Lands handbooks and was looking for public land to pig hunt. I was really interested in this place. So I am also very interested if anyone has ever hunted out here.

Comment

I like CNGL!
            Haven't hunted out there for 3 yrs but there are some sweet areas.
            There are lots of pigs out there and some decent deer too.
            Not a bad spot for spring turkey.

Comment

which unit are you interested in? I hunted Ladonia unit twice this season and couldn't scare up a squirrel let alone deer or hogs this year. It was a ghost town for me. I am subscribed!

Comment

Either..just never have been...just everyone's thoughts and outcomes....pm's ya froggy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kokanee View Post
                  which unit are you interested in? I hunted Ladonia unit twice this season and couldn't scare up a squirrel let alone deer or hogs this year. It was a ghost town for me. I am subscribed!
                  There were some decent pig populations in Ladonia unit off that dirt rd that heads toward Wolfe city. Can't remember rd name. The problem down there is alot of rd shooting and night hunting on the surrounding props.

Up by the Bois D'Arc is where we have seen the most sign in the past.

Another option is Fannin Lake.
                  I'd be up to meet some of you guys out there sometime. I have put in lots of miles in most of the units.

The great thing about Caddo is the size. You can get pretty deep in the woods out there. I imagine that new lake they ate putting in will push some more animals on to it.
                  Last edited by Sparkles; 01-23-2013, 10:36 PM.

Comment

10/4! last year i was in stand at the magic hour and it seemed like WWIII erupted 400yds behind me. Second weekend of bow season. Couldn't get back to truck fast enough! That was off the road toward Wolfe City where the check-in kiosk was. It has since been removed from that location.

Comment

Originally posted by Kokanee View Post
                      10/4! last year i was in stand at the magic hour and it seemed like WWIII erupted 400yds behind me. Second weekend of bow season. Couldn't get back to truck fast enough! That was off the road toward Wolfe City where the check-in kiosk was. It has since been removed from that location.
                      Yup then there is the one a little further down the rd, from the gate you could see a tower blind, not sure if its still there, but that land owner is a royal DB.
                      Rides around on his ranger making all kinds of noise when he knows hunters are there.
                      He also try's to day lease his place and will try and sell you the moon. Wayne Olive. If you meet him run.

Comment

anyone have any luck out there

Comment

I might head up there for some hogs sometime soon. Can you rifle hunt up there?

Comment

last few times I was there,nowhere near the game it once had.....used to see everything from deer,turkey,bobcats and small game......Bois d'Arc bottoms area

Comment

Working...
                            X