Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pheasant

Anybody got any good pheasant recipes ?

Season up two and set'em in a big crock pot. Chop up some green onion, yella onion, celery, carrots, taters, and whatever other veggies you like. Dump in a couple cans of cream of mushroom, or cream of celery......and some chicken broth. Cook on low all day.

If you aint got a crock pot, or all day....separate the different parts of the bird, season, and brown in a skillet with olive oil and the afforementioned veggies. Once nice and brown, dump in the cream of whatever, and a little broth, cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes.

Serve over brown, or wild rice.

Comment

I make chili out of mine. I soak the meat over night in the juice of 10 limes and serveral other spices and then addd it to my normal chili recipe. It has a great flavor and the lime juice adds a nigth kick to the chili. I have won a few chili contests with it.

Comment

Both sound good. Will give them a try.

Comment

Wrap them suckers in bacon and smoke em. Use cherry or apple wood. Make sure you brine them overnight or you end up with ditch parrot jerky.

Comment

soak in buttermilk and chicken fry them.

Comment

Smoke is my favorite.....make a few slices and put jalepenos inside and place bacon on top (or hang above). Smoke 'til they're done.

Chicken fried is always good too. You can cook the legs and thighs, but they're pretty tough. I usually just eat the breasts.

Comment

Just had smoked pheasant last night. Smoked is the best, use apple wood.

Comment

Have to agree with Idaho, fried with home fries is my favorite

Comment

I like mine brined a little, the soaked in buttermilk, battered and fried. Taste great.

Comment

I tried something new last year. After breasting the birds and removing the meat from the bone I cut thin slices the length of the breast. I had some Whiskey Willie's Bloody Mary mix, the spicy version, and covered the Pheasant with the Bloody Mary mix in a large bowl and let marinate overnight. When it came time to cook them I laid a piece of the Black Label bacon on my cutting board and seasoned it with "Slap Ya Momma" seasoning and laid a piece of Pheasant on top of the bacon. I begin rolling it up and put a piece of onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, and Pepper Jack cheese in it as I rolled it. Once rolled it was held together by tooth picks. After all of the Pheasant had been prepared like this I then put them on the grill. We have a few friends where the wives will not eat anything wild. These ladies loved them. Inf act, two of them told their husbands to go soot some Pheasants. I also prepared some venison like this and it turned out GREAT as well. I attribute the excellent flavor to Whiskey Willie's Bloody Mary mix and do not know of a better mix for this type of flavor or Bloody Mary's. It is made in Orange Beach, AL. Anyways, the Pheasant and venison turned out exceptionally well! Try it or any other wild game like this and you may have a "new" favorite way to prepare your wild game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Season up two and set'em in a big crock pot. Chop up some green onion, yella onion, celery, carrots, taters, and whatever other veggies you like. Dump in a couple cans of cream of mushroom, or cream of celery......and some chicken broth. Cook on low all day.

If you aint got a crock pot, or all day....separate the different parts of the bird, season, and brown in a skillet with olive oil and the afforementioned veggies. Once nice and brown, dump in the cream of whatever, and a little broth, cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes.

Serve over brown, or wild rice.
                        I think this is a decent looking idea. You can't go wrong with most any recipe so long as you cook 'em slow after marinating them for a decent while.

Comment

I have 1 whole pheasant. I will use every ingredient and method on this thread and it will me awsome. Will end with a 3 wolf shirt....

Comment

Batter and deep fat fry them.

Comment

We use it in any recipe that calls for chicken. We used the last of our pheasant of this year in some pheasant pot pie yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                              X