• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cur_Dog View Post
    tag? what tag?

CSS

Clip... Shovel....Shutup..

Comment

Originally posted by Outback77 View Post
      Considered livestock if branded, banded or tagged.
      If they are considered livestock, are ranchers insure their herd?

Comment

Originally posted by Cur_Dog View Post
        tag? what tag?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          You getting a lot of exotics on the 20 acres in Pecos county?
          You have to see what we pull off of 8 acs in Kerrville
          Last edited by Tony Pic; 10-20-2018, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Lemonade!
            yep....

Comment

Heck, most of the breeders have probably been milked dry and they're unable to use natural service. I saw a doe riding the back of a monstrous whitetail inside a h/f and he continued to graze.
              Go figure?

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                BEWARE! It's now illegal in Texas to shoot an exotic with a clearly visible ear tag without making several attempts to locate the owner. I teach hunters ed occasionally and only recently learned about this law that's been on the books for a few years now.
                I know you are right but that law is bull****

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
                This is in fact a new law and GWs will pursue this. Had a customer bring in an aoudad he shot on his property (not lease) behind his house and bring in to be mounted, 3 weeks earlier and 7 miles away a high fence had been vandalized and fence tore down. 4 weeks after harvest GW investigates and takes cape and horns. Crazy law but true.....
                If that is all there is to the story that is bull**** too

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                Man hours locating and darting. They are considered livestock. Owners have full right to go in and retrieve their animals.
                so you can just go wherever you want to look for loose livestock without owner consent?
                I would hope someone would ask before they start just coming on my place

Had some red deer get out of a neighboring place and get on me. I called people I knew would know the owner to let them know they were out and I gave them the opportunity to do what they could to get them back
                In the end, I ate 2 of them

I hate the fact that landowners lost fences, animals or anything in the flooding

But ultimately that was a risk you take when you buy any living thing and try to keep it

In some cases it is more likely than others depending on location, I'm sure lots of folks affected by this round had a very low risk of flood

Buff lost a waterbuck to alfalfa I think, other critters to bobcats and yotes

All kinds of risks when it comes to raising/keeping any kind of critters

Comment

Who's the libatard idiot that got this past

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
                  This is in fact a new law and GWs will pursue this. Had a customer bring in an aoudad he shot on his property (not lease) behind his house and bring in to be mounted, 3 weeks earlier and 7 miles away a high fence had been vandalized and fence tore down. 4 weeks after harvest GW investigates and takes cape and horns. Crazy law but true.....
                  Beware y'all better not shoot any more hogs I lost one 3 years ago and the pigs on your place might be mine.

Hill country exotics, or many came from the lbj ranch

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    If I see an elk on our place it will end up on a grill. Multiple times.

Comment

fences come down and tags fall off. Private landowners in Texas have a lot of rights, rightfully so. But to me this is not like shooting a cow. An Axis or Black Buck running around in the hill country is not an uncommon sight. I am not sure I would even see a tag and not many of them on hunting ranches have tags anyhow.

they all taste the same.
                      Last edited by Tom; 11-20-2018, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback77 View Post
                        Considered livestock if branded, banded or tagged.
                        Agreed. High fence tagged are livestock. Not taking a side but true.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                          BEWARE! It's now illegal in Texas to shoot an exotic with a clearly visible ear tag without making several attempts to locate the owner. I teach hunters ed occasionally and only recently learned about this law that's been on the books for a few years now.
                          Does yelling out loud "Whose exotic is this?" 3 times count as several attempts to find the owner?

Comment

My BILtexted me from the blind a couple of years ago and said he had a buffalo in front of him. He asked if he could shoot the buffalo and I told him to hold off while I call the game warden. Called the game warden and he stated, do not shoot it. The owner can sue you for the cost to replace it. He said to
                            give him the location and. Few hours and he would let us know how to proceed. He called back a couple hours later and asked if we had time to meet him at the ranch so the owner could get the buffalo. Me and my BIL met him and the old guy took a bucket of cubes and started shaking it and that buffalo came running out of the brush. Followed the old guy into the trailer. Glad we checked before shooting, but if it would have been an axis, blackbuck, or fallow it probably would have been shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                              Could be an interesting season. My place is very close to the OX ranch. I've always wanted to shoot a bongo or white elk.
                              I’m sure there’s more than 1 fence between you and the Ox. No expenses spared on that place.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                                Wasnt trying to be crass or unsympathetic to any of the landowners losses. It just kinda popped in my mind when I was thinking/ reading about all the flooding.
                                Snowflakes. It’s almost 2019 and I’m offended

Comment

Working...
                                X