Wide brim cowboy hats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wide brim cowboy hats?

Who wears wide brim straw cowboy hats outside for work or yardwork? How they do with sun protection and handle the high winds?

I wear one almost 100% of the time when working outdoors. Wind can be a pain especially one from the back... side or frontal is not usually a problem. I like it because it keeps the sun off my forehead and ears/nose much better than a cap or boonie, etc.

Comment

Yeah it looks funny, but not having sunburn on back, neck, ears and nose is worth it. Use mine for yard work and general work around the property.

Comment

I carry a 5 inch palm leaf in my service truck

Comment

I do when I'm doing yard work in the middle of the day.

Comment

I wear a 3-1/2” brim its plenty for outsidee wear it everyday

Comment

5” every day of the year. Straw in the summer and felt in the winter. Watch my dad cut the start of skin cancer off his face and head growing up. Not for me, won’t go smaller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                5” every day of the year. Straw in the summer and felt in the winter. won’t go smaller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                X2, Attwood Marfa low crown

Comment

I bought a 7” palm leaf from cavenders earlier in the year. It keeps the sun off pretty good. And it makes the neighbors stare pretty good too. Good hat for mowing

It doesn’t like the wind too much when I take a break and ride the dog around the neighborhood on the Ranger. Front flips straight up and makes the neighbors stare even worse....
                  Last edited by BBReezen; 06-11-2018, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

go to sacompany.com they have some that hold up to the wind ok.

Comment

Look into sun body hats Palm leaf hats all I wore in south tx during the summers

hats, palm-leaf hats, palmleaf hats, hatbands, hat bands, wholesale, retail

Comment

I would strongly advice it...

This was no fun..............And no I don't fish to much without sunscreen, at least not any more
                          Attached Files

Comment

wear one any time i'm out in sun burned tops of my ears real bad while fishing last summer would not wish that pain on anyone plus buddy of got the big C on his face and head not pretty

Comment

I've been looking for one of those real wide brim hats and I can't find one anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X