Waco Waterfowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waco Waterfowl

i know this is TBH but i was wondering there were any duck hunters in the Waco area because i wanted to know how the hunting was up there. Im from houston but looking at going to Baylor and was wondering how the hunting was?
    any info is appreciated

It has been several years since I have hunted down there, but there are local areas nearby. My Baylor buddies and I killed a lot of birds within an hour of campus.

Comment

There are a few USACE lakes around the area that you can hunt. A boat is best for those lakes. Good luck!!

Comment

ttt

Comment

I'm from Waco. The hunting around there sucks bawls...

I'm just kidding.

I've never hunted any public water up there. It was mostly private land of farmers that I knew.

I know that between Aquilla and Whitney there are some good places.

Also, Richland Chambers isn't far and it's public water.

Comment

my family has a little property on the brazes north of waco and has one or two ponds on it and wondering if hunting the brazes was any good or ponds off of it

Comment

Originally posted by Bear95 View Post
              my family has a little property on the brazes north of waco and has one or two ponds on it and wondering if hunting the brazes was any good or ponds off of it
              If you're going to be in Waco, you're going to have to learn how to spell "Brazos", like spanish for "arm". Just a heads up.

Yes, I've killed a bunch of ducks on the Brazos, it's public, but to get to public water, you'll likely have to go through private land. And it sounds like you've got that part covered.

Comment

yeah i just misspelled it

Comment

Originally posted by Bear95 View Post
                  i know this is TBH but i was wondering there were any duck hunters in the Waco area because i wanted to know how the hunting was up there. Im from houston but looking at going to Baylor and was wondering how the hunting was?
                  any info is appreciated
                  LOL..Dont think most kids pick what college they want to attend by how the duck hunting is....good to see you have our priorities straight. I can see it now, 8:00 Chemistry class or the duck blind ??

Duck hunting around Waco is good, Baylor would be a good choice.

Comment

I duck hunt waco... i'll send you a PM... I also coach the rugby team at BU and several of my players are "in the know" on my secret spots... they would be a good group of guys to get to know as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X