Fredericksburg Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fredericksburg Fox

I was walking to my setup when I saw this guy doing some hunting of his own. He was so preoccupied with hunting these massive grasshoppers on our lease that I was able to stalk within 22 yds. He was literally jumping in the air as the grasshoppers would take off and grab them while flipping and landing back on his feet. Pretty cool to watch. He started taking a trail and I knew where he would pop out so I set off on an angle for the ambush shot. As he approach the gap, I drew and held until I saw fur. He ran 15 yds and dropped right on the road. After I realized what just happened, I collected myself got into my stand and ended up seeing two nice shooters but 100yds away. All in all a great hunt with many doe sightings as well. Sure beats my old east texas lease where we would see 1 - 2 doe the entire season and no buck sightings.
    Attached Files

Thats a good hunt in my book. Way to go!!!

Comment

way to go

Comment

Awesome job.....I had two not even 5 yards from me yesterday morning, but I can't shoot them on Ft. Hood!

Comment

nice fox

Comment

Congrats, that is a trophy with a bow!

Comment

Sounds great.

Comment

nice a few years ago i was turkey hunting on the Ford Ranch near brady tx and i gave a fox a face full of number 5's

Comment

great hunt

Comment

good lookin fox

Comment

Thats awesome! Its always cool when you can take something with a bow thats busy hunting something else!

Comment

Very cool to take with your bow. We are loaded with grey fox also. Haven't been able to drop one with my bow yet.

Comment

Very nice! Congrats!

Comment

Well done!!!!!

Comment

congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X