HHA Sight and scope question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HHA Sight and scope question

At what power scope do you need to add the clarifier? With 65 year old eyes it's coming to the point I have to do something. Right now I'm leaning towards the 4x but would put a 2x on if the 4x requires a clarifier. Thanks........

65???? You better get a crossbow! , just kidding , I've heard those magnifiers help a lot, it's one of the reasons I got the DS-5519 because they're an option on that model.

Comment

When I say scope I'm actually talking about the lens kit put out by HHA. sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Oh thanks Daniel75. Didn't pull a bow till I was 63 and now can't put them down. Started with a entry level Diamond and now shoot a Hoyt CRX 32 at 66 lbs. Went to Kansas in November and saw three nice bucks, but none in range. This archery @#$% is worse than dope.

Comment

It sure is, just wait till you arrow one of those bucks. I got my first deer this year with a bow, what a rush.

Comment

Thanks Daniel for the web sight. Tried to PM but not enuff posts yet. I've only 'Robin Hooded' one time, but a friend gave me a 1/2dozen of the ACC's and well, I don't even have to finish do I. I've shot three pigs here at our ranch with the CRX and now it's just short of lust.

Comment

It totally depends on your hunting situation and eyesight. If you can see the pin clearly and the target clearly at the ranges you choose to shoot, then no lens would be necessary. If one or the other is blurry or out of focus through the peep, then it might be something to consider.

You also might have to add a verifier/clarifier type peep sight if you add a lens to your sight. Especially if the target is clear and the pin is out of focus, or vice versa.

Comment

Thanks. I've shot handguns for so long I don't have a problem focusing on the front sight or in this case the pin. I'm leaning toward a 2x but still am undecided whether to bite the bullet or not.

Comment

Working...
                X