How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matador View Post
    Gordy & Sons is “High End” But have some of the most knowledgeable people you will ever talk to in a sporting store. They have a stocked casting pond you can try out rod and line combos on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree, its top shelf gear with knowledgeable and experienced staff that really like their jobs.

Comment

Anyone fish brushy creek lately? I have a couple meetings in north Austin this week and wanted to drop in Tuesday afternoon and try to catch something. Haven’t fished there in a couple years

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
        Anyone fish brushy creek lately? I have a couple meetings in north Austin this week and wanted to drop in Tuesday afternoon and try to catch something. Haven’t fished there in a couple years
        Going tomorrow God willing.

Went two weeks ago and water was nice. Have had a few small showers, so it should be good tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
          Going tomorrow God willing.

Went two weeks ago and water was nice. Have had a few small showers, so it should be good tomorrow.
          Are the temps good to wet wade or should I pack my waders. Trying to decide between my 5 and 3wt right now

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
            Agree, its top shelf gear with knowledgeable and experienced staff that really like their jobs.

Gordy and Sons is incredible. My favorite outdoor store. Super quality stuff in there.

Comment

Are the temps good to wet wade or should I pack my waders. Trying to decide between my 5 and 3wt right now
              No need for waders this time of year. And I'd just use the 3wt.

Comment

No need for waders this time of year. And I'd just use the 3wt.
                Perfect because I just realized my fly fishing gear bag is in the back of our storage unit and I can’t get to it! Was able to grab a couple rods and reels and my net but everything else is buried right now.

Gonna have to stop by Living Waters and grab some flies and leaders. Hiking boots are gonna have to work!

Post up a report when you get back today. Weather is great in dfw, got out this morning with my dad and nephew to a couple ponds in Keller. 1 really nice bass (biggest I’ve ever seen in that pond) but he got off at the bank. But I’ll take fishing in the high 70s in July any day

Comment

Just returned from southern Colorado. Most of the streams and rivers are still running pretty high from late snowmelt but we managed to find a few places to catch trout on the fly rod. If you are thinking about going there, I'd give it another 2-3 weeks for things to calm down a little. Anything that fishes well now will have greater fishing pressure.

Comment

Perfect because I just realized my fly fishing gear bag is in the back of our storage unit and I can’t get to it! Was able to grab a couple rods and reels and my net but everything else is buried right now.

Gonna have to stop by Living Waters and grab some flies and leaders. Hiking boots are gonna have to work!

Post up a report when you get back today. Weather is great in dfw, got out this morning with my dad and nephew to a couple ponds in Keller. 1 really nice bass (biggest I’ve ever seen in that pond) but he got off at the bank. But I’ll take fishing in the high 70s in July any day
                    Didn't get to wet a line. Wife over did it at Camp Gladiator and got a little heat exhaustion. I did drive by the creek, once I took care of her, and its in good shape.

When you hit Living Waters, get the map Chris put together.

I like parking here - 30.519882, -97.737914

Typically do best going down stream and letting the fly go with the current.

Comment

Didn't get to wet a line. Wife over did it at Camp Gladiator and got a little heat exhaustion. I did drive by the creek, once I took care of her, and its in good shape.

When you hit Living Waters, get the map Chris put together.

I like parking here - 30.519882, -97.737914

Typically do best going down stream and letting the fly go with the current.
                      Appreciate the info! Hope your wife recovers soon.

If you’re up to fish Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning let me know!

Comment

I am seriously considering thinning the herd back and can use the TBH brain trust. I am going to stick to saltwater so all the rods less than a seven weight will go. The one I am most proud of I have no idea what to ask, it’s a late 50’s or early 60’s Orvis 4/5 bamboo that I replaced everything on less the bamboo and I refinished that. You could barely make out the old Orvis waterslide and looking back I wish I would have left it on.

Michael

Comment

Headed to Wyoming now for a 5 day adventure on the North Platte. Currently at MAF.

Comment

Anybody hit up the frying pan outside of Basalt headed up there in a couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                              Headed to Wyoming now for a 5 day adventure on the North Platte. Currently at MAF.

Going guided or just walking in? I have a few buddies that guide out of Casper

Comment

you guys keep posting.......I just like looking at all the fly cast action and wishin I were there

Comment

Working...
                                X