No announcement yet.

Pat Mayse- Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was up there today doing some more scouting. Area looks good, and I’m hopeful for December!

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
      I'm heading to Pat Mayes for the weekend. Dropping wife and kids off at the airport tomorrow am and then heading up. Never been here before but I'm excited.
      Hunted the WMA this morning and seen four young bucks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunted this afternoon. Saw 3 does and 1 young buck, all in bow range. Not a bad first sit! Back at it tomorrow!

Comment

And I'm confused on the methods. Is it bow only or rifle as well? I've read the rules multiple times but it seems like it says bow only in spots and 'all legal firearms' in other spots.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
            And I'm confused on the methods. Is it bow only or rifle as well? I've read the rules multiple times but it seems like it says bow only in spots and 'all legal firearms' in other spots.
            Pat Mayes WMA is archery only.

Comment

Originally posted by sgraham1071 View Post
              Pat Mayes WMA is archery only.

Comment

This morning, I bumped deer about 20 yards from my tree stand; didn't see anything on stand. Moved in deeper to the north about 9 am. Got setup about 10 am. Decided I'd do an all day sit. Didn't have food or water but I felt good. About 10:30 am I did a little rattling and a young forker came strolling through. I watched him work off and all was good. About 15 minutes later, I stand up to stretch and at about 30 yards in front of me is a shooter walking right at me. I grab my bow as he walks behind a few trees. But I couldn't get my release clipped onto my d loop. On the 3rd attempt I got clipped and when I tried to grunt stop him, he took off. He never stopped, was walking at a steady pace the whole time. It was windy enough that I couldn't hear much, so he was right on top of me and I had no time to get ready. It all happened quick. He wasn't a monster but a nice, legal buck. About 15" spread, not real tall tines. That was the last deer I saw for the day.

Comment

Hunted the 8B unit this morning and the 8A unit the past two days and seen a total of three deer. I don't know what's going on but this has been a tough year at Pat Mayse.

Comment

Well its that time of the year again where we get this thread started back up...it just wont die lol. Anyone kill anything last year? Ive been browsing over topo and planning a scouting trip for sometime within the next month. If anyone cares to go along it wont bother me. I'll be hunting this year for the first time since 2017 and im excited as he11. I'm taking a week vacation sometime during the season and ill be hunting on the weekends as well. Also, I hope that everyone is doing great!

Comment

Originally posted by 11B View Post
                      Well its that time of the year again where we get this thread started back up...it just wont die lol. Anyone kill anything last year? Ive been browsing over topo and planning a scouting trip for sometime within the next month. If anyone cares to go along it wont bother me. I'll be hunting this year for the first time since 2017 and im excited as he11. I'm taking a week vacation sometime during the season and ill be hunting on the weekends as well. Also, I hope that everyone is doing great!
                      Didn't kill last year but did have a couple opportunities on some younger bucks. Good luck with the scouting trip and the coming season.

Comment

Originally posted by sgraham1071 View Post
                        Didn't kill last year but did have a couple opportunities on some younger bucks. Good luck with the scouting trip and the coming season.

Well good luck this year to you as well man. Hope you get something!

Comment

Have spent a few days out there this spring mapping some of the fire breaks with the OnX app and found several good looking spots to try this season.

Comment

I’ve been pouring over OnX these last few days trying to come up with a game plan. I’ve also been considering looking at the COE land as well as a couple of other WMA’s. I’m killing something this year even if it’s an old nanny doe. That’s still meat. My hunts this year are going to be a lot more aggressive than what they have been in the past.

Comment

Yeah the same here I've gotta spend more time in the woods this year. I be splitting my time between Pat Mayse and Cooper this season. Plus I've transitioned to a more mobile hunting style.

Comment

im transitioning as well. Going to be saddle hunting this year. Total setup should weigh less than 15 lbs if not less than 10. Should hopefully make for easier/quicker set ups and a more run and gun style of hunting

Comment

Working...
                                X